Legal Officer at Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited
- Company: Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
The Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited (KLICL) previously known as Karanga Leather Industries Company Limited is established as a Joint Venture company between PSSSF and Tanzania Prisons Service through its Company known as Prisons Corporation Sole. The Company was established on 17th May 2017 to undertake development and operate leather industries in Karanga area, Moshi Municipality.
You can use this page to view available positions and apply for a job once you find a position that interests you.
JOB TITLE: LEGAL OFFICER – CORPORATE 1 POSITION
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Holder of LLB degree from a recognised higher learning institution, plus one year attendance of internship/The Law school, must have at least 3 years relevant working experience. Registration as an Advocate of the High Court is an added advantage. Must be computer literate.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deals with all legal routine correspondences addressed to the Company.
- Represents KLICL in various internal and external consultations and negotiations on Legal issues to ensure KLICL’s interests are effectively safeguarded.
- Provides sound legal opinion, assists in the interpretation of Labor laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Prepares work plans and budgets for the Unit.
- Participates in preparing Board and Management meetings by drafting and ensuring timely circulation of Notices, Memos and meeting minutes to members.
- Prepares and ensures timely submission of Management implementation reports on Board resolutions
- Under supervision of Head of Legal Unit, represents KLICL in courts, mediation & arbitration agencies.
- Attends disciplinary sessions to ensure correct legal actions.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
All positions carry attractive package commensurate with one’s qualification and experience.
Interested applicants are required to provide detailed curriculum vitae; certified copies of academic certificates as follows:
- Form IV/VI National Examination Certificate.
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma Certificates.
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective registration or regulatory bodies (where applicable),
- Birth certificate,
- Certificates from foreign Examination bodies or Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination council of Tanzania (NECTA),
- Professional Certificates from foreign Universities or other training Institutions should be verified by the Tanzanian Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Uncertified certificates and provisional statement of results will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate 3 work related referees with their reliable telephones and emails.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be submitted by post to the following address.
Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited,
Plot 581, Block LLL, Moshi – Arusha Road
P.O. Box 74,
The deadline for submitting the application is May 9th 2021