Legal Manager, Strategic Partnerships at NMB
- Company: NMB
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Head, Legal & Company Secretary (CS&HL)
26th November 2020
To manage criminal cases/disputes arising across the bank and assist with organizing strategic engagements and developments promptly.
Business and Operational delivery:
- Oversee the bank’s criminal litigation portfolio countrywide in order to provide awareness to CS&HL
- Under the guidance of CS&HL, engage directly or with relevant stakeholders/regulatory authorities on assigned pending cases that are either strategic in nature or have a criminal element.
- Handle in-house disputes that are fraud related and attend court when instructed by the CS&HL.
- Follow up on staff matters that are criminal in nature and support innocent staff summoned or arraigned in court.
- Attend to issues on disputes which may arise at branch level in order that all correspondence/demand notes are responded to appropriately (within appropriate timeframe).
- Support the provision of prompt advice and response, under guidance, from law enforcement organs.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by CS&HL.
- Build and develop a high performing team by embedding performance-based culture.
- Ensure team members own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner.
Skills and Knowledge
- Business understanding of domestic legal framework, and business legal risks
- Technical: Complete legislation, e.g. Anti-Money Laundering Act, Civil Procedure Code
- Behavioral: Adaptability, Communication, Decision Making, Influencing, Planning & Organizing, Quality Orientation
- Broad skills in strategy formation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in law; Master’s degree in Law (LLM) is an added advantage
- Must be a registered advocate
- Minimum of 7 years’ legal experience
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th December, 2020.