Legal Manager at CRDB Bank
- Company: CRDB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
To provide legal support to the operations of the Institution, with special emphasis on litigation, corporate, banking and corporate finance. This role is responsible for reviewing and preparing contracts and other corporate and legal documents, ensuring compliance with banking applicable legislation and regulations, representing the affiliate before the regulator, competent courts and other authorities, and ensuring compliance with labour and employment obligations. Responsible for identifying legal risks associated with the operations of the Institution and proposing mechanisms for mitigating such risks.
- Manage and attend to all legal issues on behalf of the bank.
- Advise the Management on corporate governance issues including organization of the Company’s board meetings and minute preparations, circulation and follow-up.
- Process Company legal documents, loans, grants, credit documentation and security instruments such as mortgage deeds, debenture, etc.
- Reviewing internal documents and policies to ensure they are drafted in accordance with applicable legislations, shareholders’ adopted policies, procedures, rules and guidelines.
- Reviewing and or preparing, as necessary, contracts and documentation used by the Company in the business of providing banking services to its clients
- Assisting in the preparation and drafting of reports and communications to the regulator
- Ensure that, every new case or legal issue is reported to the Head of Compliance immediately after it is noticed.
- Ensure availability of relevant permits and licences in relation to the Company’s expatriate employees or Directors and the Company activities in general.
- Provide support to the Bank to ensure compliance with labour and employment obligations as an employer.
- Providing support to ensure compliance with laws and its obligations under shareholders’ agreements, MeMarts.
- Providing legal opinions based on local laws, best practices and precedents regarding various aspects of the operations of the Bank.
- Prepare court documents and represent or ensure the Bank is represented in courts of law.
- Institution and prosecution of the Bank’s claims in a court of law/tribunals as it shall be deemed appropriate by the Bank.
- Assist in drafting legal demand letters or replies to defaulting clients or any others clients as it may be required.
- Support and oversee all fraud and criminal investigations for crimes committed against the Bank.
- Participate in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of the CRDB DR Congo business and operations.
- Prepare reports and papers in relation to all legal issues including the cases against or by the Bank and present them to the management and or Board on a monthly and quarterly basis or as may be required.
- Maintaining resources and overseeing cases relating to litigation collection and ensuring timely reporting on the cases and close follow-ups on fraud prosecution handled by external lawyers.
- Participate in providing strategic legal directives, plans and actions in aligning and achieving with the Bank’s strategies and goals.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor of law from a recognized University or Institution.
- Must be admitted as Advocate of the High Court.
- Minimum of 3 Years of working experience practising legal services.
- Exposure to working in banking or financial institution will be an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret central bank policies of financial regulations and implement them within NCBA’s strategic plan.
- Ability to interpret the statutory requirements on all aspects of the bank‘s operations.
- Ability to assess material evidence and advice on appropriate legal measures.
- Proficiency in both English & French language.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th January, 2023.