Legal Aid Volunteer (2) at WiLDAF
- Company: WiLDAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
It was founded in February, 1990 in Harare Zimbabwe – following the NGO forum held within the context of the UN Decade for women- and, whose theme was “Women rights and Development: Network for Empowerment in Africa”. Since then, the organization has established chapters in 26 African countries, including Tanzania, constituting over 350 organizations and 3,000 individuals who share these objectives. WiLDAF has 20 years of experience and an excellent track record to advance women’s rights and their status in Tanzania. This is because gender equality is not only a fundamental right, but also a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
Our Focus Areas Of Intervention And Priority Programs:
- Increased access to Justice for Women, Girls, And Other Marginalized Citizens
- Reduced Gender Based Violence to and Violence Against Women And Children
- Strengthened Women’s and Young Women’s Participation In Leadership And Feminist Movements.
- Increased Access to Sexual And Reproductive Health And Rights (SRHR) And Bodily Autonomy
- Enhanced Women Economic Justice And Rights
- Strengthened Partnership And Institutional Capacity That Is Supported By A Good Governance Framework That Is Gender Inclusive And Sustainable
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide legal Aid to clients.
- Reconcile and mediate client disputes.
- To update and maintain Legal Aid Management System (LAMS) and legal aid website.
- Document success stories from legal aid clients
- Identify and tap issues for advocacy from the legal aid clients attended.
- Conduct gender analysis of LAC cases for identification of advocacy issues.
- Provides quality legal Aid services to clients.
- Ensure the program is implemented towards achieving desired outputs.
- Ensure timely execution of activities and other program related duties.
- Contributes towards achieving WiLDAF’s vision.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Education Other Skills Required
- Successfully completed Law School
- Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB)
Core Attributes and Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Code of Conduct:
To uphold WiLDAF’s financial policies and procedures, staff code of conduct and values at all times during the course of your post with the organization. Acting as a role model in the course of your duties
Method of Application
People Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are highly encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment