Lecturer/Senior Instructor at Aga Khan University
- Company: Aga Khan University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the following position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania:
Lecturer/Senior Instructor- School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tanzania (SONAM)
- Implement the curriculum as approved by curriculum committee and regulatory authorities’ jurisdiction.
- Teach in classroom and clinical areas as assigned by the Associate Dean, SONAM-Tanzania.
- Prepare a master plan of clinical placements for students and disseminate as required.
- Monitortheoretical and clinical teaching activities.
- Provide academic support to students and colleagues. E.g., supervise and evaluate (peer-review) faculty performance as required: monitor faculty teaching and clinical hours to determine fair distribution of teaching loads.
- Compile all academic results and clinical evaluations at the end of the term, within given deadlines.
- Work with curriculum committee to improve courses based on feedback received.
- Ensure the quality of clinical learning opportunities for the various programmes (e.g., securing learning sights, preceptors etc)
- Initiate and maintain collaborations with clinical facilities.
- Actively participate in building the body of nursing knowledge through research and publication.
- Continuously improve the quality of own practice and keep abreast of academic discipline.
- Actively participate in the management and administrative activities of the University.
- Actively contribute to the development of the nursing profession nationally and regionally.
- Plan and/or assist with university ceremonies and functions pertaining to academic and social events.
- Orient new teachers to the programme and give necessary support and guidance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Associate Dean, SONAM-Tanzania.
Professional skills, qualifications, and experience
- A doctorate degree in the relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience as a Lecturer and 5 years and above clinical experience
- Expertise in relevant nursing/midwifery field
- A well-established record of research and publications
- Experience with curriculum and course development an added advantage
- Diploma or Certificate in education or its equivalent
- Current Registration with the Nursing Regulatory Body
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Good understanding of computer software’s and technology and digital teaching
- Ability to teach through a variety of strategies to effectively engage students in learning.
- Good organization and Counselling skills