Lecturer in Practical Theology at Evangelical Lutheran Church / Tumaini University Makumira
- Company: Evangelical Lutheran Church / Tumaini University Makumira
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
- Tumaini University Makumira (TUMA)
- Usa River, Tanzania
- The Lecturer in Practical Theology will help strengthen companion churches and all participating regional churches for mission through their development of strong and effective leaders.
- The Lecturer will increase access of companion churches and emerging communities of faith to a broader range of leadership training opportunities at Tumaini University, Makumira Campus (TUMA), the main campus of the ELCT’s university system and the ELCT’s main site for theological education.
Specific assignments may include the following:
- Participate in teaching undergraduate and graduate students.
- Carry out research and publish in one’s area of specialization.
- Conduct seminars, conferences, or symposia in area of one’s specialization.
- Develop relevant curriculum for students.
- Evaluate staff and students’ performances when given administrative responsibilities.
- Execute an action plan for remedial demands.
- Supervise dissertations and theses.
- Carry out consultancy work
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head of the relevant department, faculty or other authority.
All ELCA Global Personnel participate in mission interpretation.
This position will be based in Tanzania, with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT).
Experience and Skills:
- Ph.D. in Theology required. Desired majors: systematic theology or practical (pastoral) theology
- Experience teaching at the university level or in a seminary is required.
- Excellent teaching abilities
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Previous research and publication in the field of theology is helpful, but not a requirement.
Terms and Conditions:
This position is supported under the terms of ELCA Service and Justice Expectations and Support for Long Term Global Personnel. Those provisions include: international transportation, transportation related to work assignment, pensions and major medical coverage, assistance with schooling for children from kindergarten through high school, housing and cash salary which is adjusted according to the goods and services differential for country of service.
If Candidate is Married:
Both must complete an application for this position, even if the spouse will not be fulfilling a specific role in the ministry. In the context of global mission service, a spouse is seen as a representative of the ELCA and of the receiving church regardless of their actual role. It is important for the ELCA that both members of a couple understand the role of missionary and are comfortable with that reality. In addition, an accompanying spouse receives an appointment to service by the ELCA and the support package for mission personnel includes compensation for an accompanying spouse.
General Qualifications for ELCA Global Personnel:
- Christian faith and a commitment to the mission of the church
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values and customs of church and culture where assigned
- Well-developed inter-personal skills demonstrating understanding and compassion
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities and the ability to adapt to different standards and practices
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Adaptable and flexible – sense of humor – good physical and emotional health
- Live and serve in a way which reflects the vision and expectations of the ELCA
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.