Learning, Organizational Development and Spiritual Nature Specialist at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To lead the delivery of a proactive and customer-focused staff Learning and Development (L&D) and Organizational Development (OD) Service in World Vision Tanzania developing the service to meet current and future organizational needs through working in partnership with managers and leaders to develop progressive OD and L&D projects, systems and initiatives. Accountable for the day to day performance of the Organizational Development (OD) and L&D team, the learning and Organizational Development Manager will lead the development and implementation of organization-wide learning and OD systems and processes, including identifying and developing talent, leading in building an appropriate culture that supports organizational strategic goals, developing management and leadership capability and embedding values and Our Promise mindset and behaviors into all people processes and systems. The position holder will be responsible for developing and integrating initiatives and programs that nurture the Christian Spiritual Formation and capacity of WV staff to enable them to live out our Christian faith with boldness and humility. He/she will assist the Senior Management of WV in the development and implementation of strategies and programs for staff Christian Spiritual Nurture and collaborate staff learning and development to undertake the capacity development of staff to support the realization of Our Promise Strategic Imperative 1- Live out our Christian faith with boldness and humility.
- Assist the Director- People and Culture (P&C) in the implementation of the People and Culture business plan and continue to enhance the quality of delivery of organizational development and learning service.
- Provide technical support and where required lead the development of and facilitate implementation of Organizational Development projects, programs, and initiatives for the development of the World Vision’s culture, values, and Our Promise mindset and behaviors, management of change, employee engagement, and wellbeing, talent management, leadership capability, and all employee development-related initiatives.
- Provide technical support and direction in the development and implementation of change management processes across the organization, in partnership with P&C colleagues and managers
- Participate in and provide technical support in the review of systems, structures, policies, and procedures. Provide technical support and guidance in organizational reviews, organizational designs, learning and reflection events, and meetings, etc.
- Develop and implement an internal communication strategy so that People and Culture issues are communicated effectively regularly throughout the organization.
- Organizational change processes are well implemented and achieve desired results
- Managers adequately supported in implementing Organizational Development processes
- WV Tanzania staff/internal communications meeting needs of all stakeholders.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT/CAPACITY BUILDING
- Conduct organizational needs analysis and lead the development of appropriate plans and Programmes to ensure all employees have the skills, knowledge, and experience to perform their roles to the highest standard and meet the near and long term needs of World Vision Tanzania.
- Together with line management, develop and deliver comprehensive training programs and learning events to meet the professional development and continuous learning needs for all employees and volunteer categories in line with their role requirements, while developing and communicating clear training/learning goals and measures of success against these objectives; continually develop and facilitates new and innovative formal and informal learning opportunities
- Foster and maintain productive working relationships with external service providers, training facilitators, academic institutions, consultants, and internal subject matter experts.
- Develop and Support staff and managers in implementing a Career Development Program that meets both the employees and the organization objectives.
- In collaboration with other functions, facilitate a comprehensive onboarding process for new staff focused on the retention, engagement, and success of new employees.
- Develop relevant metrics to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services offered through L&OD, ensuring their relevancy to the overall mission of the organization as well as short and long term strategic objectives.
- Robust capacity-building plans were developed and implemented to build staff and volunteer skills to achieve WV Tanzania’s strategic objectives.
- Effective career development processes implemented.
TALENT AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Implement the World Vision Tanzania talent development and management strategy to ensure the organization has the leadership and technical capability to meet current and future needs.
- Work with the People and Culture Director in planning and delivering the WV Tanzania leadership development program.
- WV Tanzania’s talent development and leadership development programs achieve stated objectives
- Provide vision and leadership to Organizational Development and learning team by managing the staff, performance, development, health and wellbeing issues and resources effectively and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Prepare and contribute to the development of reports and internal communications to the Board, Senior Leadership Team, Senior Management Team, and wider audiences.
- WV Tanzania OD and L&D Unit effectively run.
- Develop and implement staff nurture and leadership development strategy based on WV faith and Development strategy and Our Voice results with emphasis on spiritual nurture all staff
- Develop and implement Programmes for staff spiritual formation and Christian commitments related to capacity building
- Contribute to an ethos and culture in WV that is consistent with our Vision and Mission Statements, Core Values, Guiding Beliefs, and Policies through Mission Immersion Program
- Participate with HR and senior management in establishing staff recruitment standards to ensure the spiritual commitment of prospective staff; assist in their orientation, and support the incorporation of Christian Commitment engagement in annual performance appraisals
- WVT staff Christian formation strategy for managers and staff developed and implemented.
- Christian commitments standards are effectively incorporated in key HR processes such recruitment, discipline processes, appraisals, etc.
COLLABORATE WITH GLOBAL LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT TO DEVELOP STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMS RELATED TO STRATEGIC IMPERATIVE 1
- Co-conceptualise, design and develop Scripture inspired, need-based, and strategy informed staff nurture and leadership formation programs and resources that integrate Faith and Development (i.e. curriculum, devotionals, etc.) for national Office use that reflect denominational diversity and are relevant to all sectors of WV’s work and all levels of leadership and staff.
- Develop and implement targeted capacity building initiatives related to WV Strategic objectives
- Conduct induction of new staff on WV ethos
- Capacity building programs to drive strategic imperative 5 developed and implemented
PROVIDE PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT AND COUNSELING FOR STAFF
- Develop a strategy for supporting the social well-being of staff
- Support staff peer support/psycho-social well-being of staff as appropriate
- Support counseling of staff based on WV Christian ethos
- Regular support rendered to staff by WV Christian ethos
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience in managing employee learning, development, and training functions. Leadership and organizational development.
- Knowledge and experience in instructional and curriculum design and adult learning.
- Knowledge and experience in Training of Trainers.
- Strong internal consulting skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills with employees at all levels.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and experience in e-learning.
- Working knowledge of Organizational Development principles and methods
- Independently motivated, able to meet deadlines, and proven ability to follow through on initiatives
- Personal commitment to Christ and proven church/Christian leadership experience
- Exemplary Christian character, interpersonal relationship skills, and willingness to learn
- Experience in planning for and supporting the spiritual nurture of large groups of people from diverse church backgrounds.
- Skills in developing training materials and training facilitation.
- Ability to lead staff devotions and chapel services.
- Good understanding of and respect for diverse churches and Christian organizations in the country and ability to effectively work with churches with different doctrines and traditions
- Good knowledge of WV’s ethos and philosophy of work
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Education, Degree in Religious Studies/ Theological education, Social sciences/ Humanities
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Theological education or its equivalent and sound biblical understanding/ Postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management or Organizational Development or Learning and Development
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time and occasional international travel
☒ Build Relationships
☒ Be Accountable
☐ Learn and Develop
☒ Improve and Innovate
☒ Partner and Collaborate
☒ Engage, Influence, Lead
and Grow Others
☒ Develop the Organisation
for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.