Learning Management System Specialist (LMS Implementation) at BBC Media Action
- Company: BBC Media Action
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Digital Innovation Lead, EDIT
Duration: 3 months (start date: 1 August 2022)
Special requirements: Open to all nationalities
BBC Media Action:
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work in more than 20 countries around the world, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Last year our projects and programmes reached over 118 million people facing poverty, inequality and insecurity with information they can trust, helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We follow the editorial standards and values of the BBC, but we rely on funding from donors and partners to carry out our work.
We are moving our learning management platform Moodle to Docebo Learning Suite. The LMS Project Manager will lead on migration, implementation and introduction of a new LMS system. The LMS Project Manager will play a central role in designing, implementing and testing new functionality in the LMS whilst providing front-line support to our users.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Be a lead representative and support the implementation of the new Learning Management System (LMS) – Docebo Learning Suite from start to finish, including migration of existing content and data from Moodle to the new platform Docebo and integration with other systems and/or processes.
- Manage relationships with vendors and work closely with the Docebo Experience team.
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Work closely with the EDIT team to maintain accurate training materials
- Plan and run design and configuration workshops & training sessions involving the Docebo team and other key stakeholders and project teams
- Package and migrate existing data, including courses, usage, completion and user data, from the existing Moodle site to Docebo
- Complete admin management and user management settings and configurations
- Lead all administrative and technical aspects of the Docebo Learning system, including uploading content & curricula on the LMS – testing, assigning, maintaining, and reporting on learning content
- Work with the Docebo Experience, EDIT and project teams to maintain LMS inventories (course catalogue) and optimise for LMS reporting
- Identify essential project needs and make a project plan with milestones, timelines, and resources
- Perform end-to-end validation of the Docebo platform
- Perform user validation of all personas and user cases
- Configure the new platform, the apps and integrations
- Run tests and discussions with various teams to ensure that the new platform aligns with the project objectives and needs
- Plan a rollout plan and arrange a soft launch
- Continuously monitor the project plan and goals
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the line manager or using the Whistleblowing Policy
- Strong understanding of and commitment to BBC editorial values.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in Learning Management Systems – Moodle and Docebo
- Excellent project planning and implementation skills with 5 – 10 years of experience
- Excellent organisational, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to teach others
- Hands-on operational experience with the Agile framework and ways of working is a strong plus
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Understands eLearning and tools and how LMS reporting works
- Experience with eLearning specifications, particularly SCORM
- Proven knowledge and experience working with third-party vendors and learning and technology professionals
- Experienced in planning and running projects
- Excellent written, communication and attention to detail
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Experience in hosting training sessions
- Proven training and course design experience.
Closing date: 27 June 2022
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send a CV, a cover letter describing their relevant experience, and a financial proposal that includes their daily rate. Applications should be sent to [email protected]. Please include the position title in the subject line “Learning Management System Specialist” and send by 5pm on 27 June 2022.