Leading Hand Fitter at Barrick/ Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Barrick/ Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Leading Hand Fitter to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: HME Superintendent
Work Schedule: 42 days on, 21 days off
Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component / system / equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant & Mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/ modification as required.
- Removal of machine components & replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are kept informed of equipment availability status.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills and develop full potential.
- Under the direction of the First Line Leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Heavy Diesel Fitter Trade Certificate
- Valid driving license
- Minimum 5yrs working on Sandvik mechanized mining equipment.
- Exposure to work with automation of underground mechanized mining equipment.
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment is maintained to high level of availability at all times. The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- Must have proven experience working as part of high speed mechanized jumbo development maintenance team with a sound understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery. The ability to diagnose faults and rectify in a time efficient manner is critical.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge on Sandvik Underground Trackless Mining Equipment
- Trade certified fitter
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd December 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|