Leader for Forest Landscape Restoration in Africa Initiative at WWF
- Company: WWF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
WWF is seeking to hire a seasonal leader for Forest Landscape Restoration in Africa Initiative for its office in Tanzania, based in Dar es salaam.
- Provide strategic leadership of the FLR Africa initiative, ensuring effective delivery of its goals and outcomes and alignment with country Strategic Plans (Africa and Europe), the Forest Practice Strategy, other Practice strategies and initiatives and relevant external agendas. Supporting offices to develop and implement ambitious workplans and strategies in each of the nine countries
- Support the technical and scientific development and implementation of FLR Africa, working closely with the nine WWF offices, the Forest Practice and relevant external partners
- Lead the ‘global and regional’ strands of FLR Africa, including engagement with the AFR100 secretariat, regional policy and business models for FLR at the regional level
- Leading relationships with key internal stakeholders, including senior country and regional staff; implementing team, Forest Practice Core and Leadership Team members, members of other WWF Practices, technical and regional forest focal points, and the Global Lead/Coordinator of the FLR ACAI. Partner with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of WWF staff, national partners, consultants and/or contractors to analyze and adopt innovative approaches to landscape restoration opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key external partners and strengthen WWF’s involvement in regional partnerships including specific task forces, engagement with donors and related regional bodies and frameworks on FLR in Africa.
- Develop frameworks and partnerships for scaled-up FLR interventions, catalyzing contributions and implementation of Bonn Challenge, AFR100, climate targets (NDCs) and related finance, and the New York Declaration.
- Provide oversight of initiative technical and financial management including annual work planning, budgeting and reporting
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
Specific Required Functional Skills
- Advanced degree in forestry/agroforestry, agriculture, business administration, natural resources management, biodiversity conservation or other relevant discipline(s).
- Technical proficiency in forest landscape restoration (FLR), other areas of forestry, the field of forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, international project management or international development.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years in Africa. Preferable experience in working with FLR.
- Strong experience of leading large complex, multi-country programmes or initiatives.
- Conversant with Bonn Challenge and UN conventions that touch on forestry resources, climate targets (NDCs) and related finance.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and proficiency in French would be an asset.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through web address: https://www.wwf.or.tz/
Method of ApplicationApplications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: [email protected] by Friday, 27th August 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam or via zoom video conferencing. WWF is an equal opportunity organization.