Landscaping Supervisor at Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd
- Company: Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Remuneration: Competitive and depending on experience.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Who we are:
Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd was established in 2000 and is now one of East Africa’s largest coffee farms located on the southern slope of Mount Kilimanjaro in The Kibosho – Mweka ward. It is recognized for growing and producing high-quality, sustainable, Arabica Coffee for export thereby being one of the most modern coffee farms in Tanzania. For further information please visit our website: www.kilimanjaro-plantation.com
We are currently looking for: a young experienced, qualified, and motivated Landscaping Supervisorto join and further develop our Housekeeping and Gardening team and activities in a long-term perspective.
Being responsiblefor overseeing the day-to-day operations and up-keep of their company’s landscaping projects. Ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget, while also ensuring that quality standards are met.
Tasks and responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the Head of Human Resource and your responsibilities will comprise:
- Ensuring all KPL landscapes are well maintained.
- Ensuring that all safety procedures are followed on site during construction or installation projects.
- Coordinating other gardeners and scheduling work activities and track progress
- Scheduling and coordinating the work of laborers and other staff members to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget limitations.
A candidate envisaged for this role will have the following skills:
- Leadership and Communication skills are highly required.
- General and technical knowledge and experience in landscaping, agriculture, horticulture
- Analytical management skills with accurate attention to detail, yet hands-on approach.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Physical endurance and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Sound judgment, and strong organizational skills.
- Language skills: Good English and Swahili
- An ability to work well as part of a team or when working alone.
A candidate envisaged for this role will have:
- Education: Form IV and Above.
- Work Experience: 1 – 3 years of experience in Landscaping and relevant areas.
- Having worked with companies is an added advantage
- Fluent in English, preferably in Swahili
- Has knowledge of computer usage.