Laboratory Technician II x2 at Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Company: Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for various positions. The application letter should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with certified copies of all academic certificates. Furthermore, the applicant must submit a signed current Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate and other Testimonials.
POSITION: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II (Two Positions) – Department of Animal, Aquaculture and Range Sciences.
QUALIFICATIONS: Holder of Full Technician Certificate or Diploma in the fields of Laboratory Sciences and Laboratory Technology or related qualifications from a recognized institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To Collect and register feed samples and prepare them for laboratory analysis.
- To Perform laboratory analysis of animal feeds for chemical composition and digestibility determinations.
- To Maintain database for results of feed sample analysis.
- To assist in conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- To assist in demonstrating Laboratory procedures;
- To provide technical support during students’ laboratory practicals;
- To assist in setting and administering of practical examinations and
- To Assist in teaching of practical to students on animal feed laboratory analysis
- Calibration, trouble-shooting and maintenance of animal nutrition laboratory equipments
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
AGE: Not above 45 years of age
REMUNERATION: As per applicable Scheme of Service and the Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 6 of 2015.
TENURE: Two years renewable contract depending on performance and availability of Funds.
Method of ApplicationAll Applications should be addressed to the
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 3000,
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2021
NOTE that for those who studied abroad, TCU Verification of certificates must be attached to the application.