Laboratory Technician at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Company: Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH) President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Kaliua District Council, Tabora Municipal Council and Nzega Town Council, invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (1 post)
Location: Kaliua (St John Paul Hospital)
Reports to: Facility In-charge
- Reading, understanding, and implementing SOPs for molecular analysis of HIV drug resistance and viral load.
- Performing daily QC checks on all laboratory processes and procedures for accurate and reliable test results.
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to inspections, registration, separation, and storage.
- Performing testing in molecular biology to determine level of HIV drug resistance and amount of HIV virus.
- Performing results analysis and interpretation and indicate in case of critical/panic results
- Preparing samples for shipping according to SOPs.
- Documenting daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance services, repair machines/analyzers using operation, reagents, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manual, document the action, and report to laboratory supervisor.
- Analyzing PT samples/panels received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Checking and completing all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory supervisor.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every week and month.
- Performing duty deemed necessary by the lab supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
- Observing all the quality requirements to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in molecular biology or biotechnology.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance laboratory settings.
- Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should apply letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 26th March, 2022 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.