Laboratory Service Assistants (2) at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position:||Laboratory Service Assistants (2)|
|Work Station:||Tarime Office (1), Bunda Office (1)|
|Reports to:||Regional Program Manager|
The Laboratory Assistant’s key role is to strengthen Laboratory Quality Management and provide technical support on implementation of laboratory services at facilities and district levels to improve quality of HIV diagnosis and Viral Load Monitoring to attain the current 95-95-95 of the HIV clinical cascade.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure initial TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS samples are processed and stored to the required temperatures before transportation to the referral testing laboratory.
- Ensure proper documentation of TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS samples into Lab registers, processed and provide data that can be used to monitor quality as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of the sample Referral System (Recording samples rejected Vs Recollected for VL, DBS and TB)
- Responsible to ensure completeness and validity of client information and data entry in the electronic sample referral and results feedback system. (Tracking of rejected samples into the system)
- Expedite transportation of TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS results from testing laboratories to its spokes
- Prepare and submit regular reports of sample referral to relevant authority (CHMT, IP) on monthly basis.
- Tracking of commodity status at facility and provide reports to Laboratory Service Officers
- Perform other duties assigned by Laboratory Service Advisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum Education: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, A Bachelor degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of “hands on lab experience” in facility or community-based program particularly HIV programs in an NGO which is active in health development.
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical lab equipment and potentially dangerous substances
- Experience in Monitoring of lab systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.