Laboratory Scientist(s) or Laboratory Technologist(s) at CCBRT
- Company: CCBRT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Temporary training posts:
Laboratory Scientist(s) or Laboratory Technologist(s)
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is opening a Maternity and Newborn Wing in 2021.
In prepration of the opening of our Maternity Wing and expansion of our laboratory services, we are looking for recent graduated Laboratory Scientist(s) or Laboratory Technologist(s) who are eager to accept a training post upto 31 July 2021
During the training period, the candidates will get the opportunity to explore the daily work in the laboratory, including:
- Running all laboratory tests as per Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and ISO 15189:2012;
- Preparing necessary equipment and materials for the laboratory use; Maintaining a list of laboratory equipment in the department; Preparing reagents for routine examination of laboratory tests;
- Timely sample collection and ensuring that all samples for investigations are kept in safe custody; · Reviewing all laboratory results before release;
- Maintaining records of all investigations carried out; Ensuring all lab results are entered into the hospital information system.
- Complying with established quality management system and safety procedures. Implementing and maintaining a safe work environment for laboratory staff; Ensuring safe and appropriate disposal of laboratory waste on a daily basis;
During this training period, the candidate will be assessed for potential future job openings.
- Fresh Graduate, Diploma in Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution, or Degree in Medical Laboratory technology from a recognized institution.
- Full registration with the Health Laboratory Practitioners Council.
- Must have technical knowledge (and experience) of performing international recognized Transfusion Transmitted Infection (TTI) Laboratory testing
- Good communication skills (English and Kiswahili)
- Must be an innovative, self-motivated and persistent problem solver with careful attention for detail
- Computer literate
Method of ApplicationIf you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for a training position.
CCBRT promotes equal opportunities and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: [email protected]. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment. Successful selection into the training programme is no guarantee for future employment.
Please indicate reference number: 2021-04| DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19th February 2021
(selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)