Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Project Manager
Position Summary: The Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification will be responsible to coordinate and overseeing all activities related to auditing and certification of HIV RT testing points using SPI-RT checklist in collaboration with MOHCDGEC Health Quality Assurance Unit (HQAU), R/CHMTs and IPs. He/she will be coordinating and provide technical and logistical support to conduct mentorships, audit of testing points as well as coordinate meeting with stakeholders to review project performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support and coordinate audit of HIV RT testing points using SPI-RT checklist and certify qualified testing points.
2. Coordinate HIV RT stakeholders meeting to integrate new testing modalities into rapid test quality improvement program (RTCQI).
3. Coordinate training of mentors and auditors who will support regional IPs and R/CHMTs in supporting RTCQI activities at the facilities.
4. Work with HQAU to coordinate HRT certification committee meetings on quarterly basis.
5. Conduct HIV RTCQI coordination and performance meeting at national and regional level in collaboration with R/CHMTs, Reginal IPs, HQAU on quarterly basis.
6. Expand coverage and participation of RTCQI programs for HIV RT, to all facilities and HIV testing points though sensitization meetings.
7. Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets.
8. Prepare, review and submit progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
9. Participate in the development of workplan and budget.
10. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Degree or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical science and other related skills.
2. Additional training in the Laboratory management, Laboratory Quality Management or public health will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189 standards especially in HIV care and treatment settings.
4. Experience in activities related to continuous quality improvement and proficient testing.
5. Experience in implementation or assessing laboratory standards such as SLMTA, ISO 150189, RTCQI standards using SPI-RT checklist.
6. Experience to work with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and other Government entities.
7. Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and trainings that involves different stakeholders.
Other Special Qualifications/Skills
1. Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel and Power Point Presentation or any other statistical software for data analysis.
2. Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing priorities.
3. Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision.