Laboratory Information Systems Advisor, Tanzania Country Program at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Information Systems Advisor (LIS) who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve LIS Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The LIS Advisor will be responsible for the laboratory information systems outcomes of the project; coordinating implementing partners to support GOT to build and evolve a capacity-building intervention aimed at strengthening an affordable, optimal, sustainable, and high-quality national patient-centered service delivery program. This position will report to the Director of Strategic Data Use. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework and project information system.
- Provide technical inputs on LIS software requirements, designing and deployment.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and coordination to the program in LIS in line with national HIV/TB service delivery guidelines, increasing demand for and utilization of prevention, testing, care, and treatment services, system strengthening, and evaluation and learning.
- Assist the Strategic Data Use Director with LIS and PEPFAR-related technical and management aspects of project implementation.
- Support the Strategic Data Use Director to lead development and scale of approaches that increase efficiency of HIV testing and availability of results to ensure there is high impact HIV prevention, uptake of HIV testing, rapid ART enrolment for those that are HIV-diagnosed, and retention of patients in quality care.
- In collaboration with the Project team, lead development of LIS related scopes of work and/or memorandums of understanding for project partners, collaborators, and consultants, and provide technical oversight and management of partner and consultant activities.
- In collaboration with the Project team, provide LIS-relation technical input into the development of annual work plans, progress reports, and other required deliverables.
- Provide oversight of program monitoring, evaluation, and learning opportunities, and lead data analysis and learning processes to ensure project activities are adapted based on results and to scale up promising approaches.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with all project partners and stakeholders.
- Work closely with project staff and partners to identify, document, and disseminate best practices.
- An advanced degree in public health, laboratory technology, epidemiology, or a related field is required. Candidates with HIV/TB laboratory experience
- A minimum of six years’ of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
- In-depth understanding of LIS service delivery across the continuum or care.
- Strong experience managing and/or implementing LIS activities. Experience on PEPFAR-funded projects desired.
- A strong track record of successfully managing programs, including previously serving in a senior management role.
- In depth knowledge of the HIV/TB lab services and structures for the provision of HIV/TB laboratory services.
- Demonstrated experience working with a broad range of stakeholders on the development of national strategies, plans, and programs
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.