Lab Technician at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Lab Technician (1 post)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Work station: Bagamoyo
Apply by: December 14, 2020
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
The Lab Technician will work with other team members in the Bagamoyo Laboratory under the supervision of the Lab Manager to perform various lab activities including sample analysis in haematology, biochemistry, microbiology and parasitology according to the SOPs, quality manual, ISO 15189:2012, safety manual, Sample collection Manual, GCP, GCLP and adherence to study protocols. Also, will be required to upgrade her/ his job knowledge by participating in supervision Training and Education opportunities including assisting of new staff/student.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure provision of high quality and accurate lab results.
- Easy traceability of documents and archived materials.
- Meet customer satisfaction and attraction of more lab services.
- Keep lab supplies ready by inventorying stock by placing orders and updating the stock bin card.
- Participate in proper documentation of the lab results and archiving of slides, sample storage and documentation.
- Perform required maintenance and quality control (IQC&EQA) of laboratory equipment and tests.
- Participate in temperature recording for freezer, fridge, incubator and room temperature.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the supervisor / Lab Manager from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, registered with 3 years of experience in the job.
Skills and Competencies
- Competent in microscopy and other laboratory activities such as Biochemistry, Helminthology, Haematology and microbiology.
- Team working skills. Self-motivated and high focus attitude to work.
- Adhere to IHI core values.
- Trained in awareness/implementation of ISO 15189:2012 for medical laboratory.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI Salary scales for scientists.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
The deadline for this application is: December 14, 2020. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Lab technician – Bagamoyo. Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. The deadline for this application is: December 14, 2020.