Lab Data Officer x12 at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Region Council; Bukombe, Nyang’hwale, Mbogwe, Geita DC, Geita TC, Chato DC together with Geita Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
Job Title: Lab Data Officer (12 Post)
Location: Nyang’wale, Bukombe, Mbogwe, Chato, Geita DC, GRRH Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of Data Supervisor
- Enter quickly and accurately HIV testing and counseling data from registers to HTC database in the collaboration with Facility HTC Focal person
- Prepare program performance charts on monthly/quarterly basis and display on the notice board
- Conduct Data Quality Assurance/Assessment (DQA) on HIV related indicators on monthly basis with the supervision from site in charge or District Data Officer
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems
- Sort and file forms as needed in numerical order or by date
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database problems
- Reconcile differences between different databases by running compare program, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences
- Locate and review archived or filed forms if necessary
- Attend data staff meetings at the specified times
- Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors
- Complete other data tasks as assigned
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A Minimum of certificate, diploma, advanced diploma or in medical lab science with computer skills or Medical record or any other related with certificate.
- A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program , preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 10th February, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE