Junior Social Worker at Comunita’ Volontari Per Il Mondo (CVM)
- Company: Comunita’ Volontari Per Il Mondo (CVM)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Responsibilities of the Junior Social Worker
The Junior Social Worker will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support in promoting access to education and professional training for minors and domestic workers. The Junior Social Worker also will be generally responsible in the project design, planning and implementation of activities.
1. Major Duties
• Identifying, mobilizing and recruiting domestic workers into the Association/Branches.
• Mentoring domestic workers and working to promote minor domestic workers to go back to school or be enrolled to vocational training centres.
• Conducting training activities for Domestic Workers and stakeholders
• Negotiate with employers re allowing Domestic Workers to assess education
• Follow up Domestic Workers in educational programme in school and get results
• Monitoring the project impact, bringing on board authorities and other actors to address issues of domestic workers.
• Keep track on project progress through the dedicated forms and perform activities of monitoring and target reaching;
• Participates in meetings with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
• Promote recruitment, salary increase and contracts of new Domestic workers per Association and Branch.
• Compiles assessments and surveys related to domestic workers situation in the Country;
• Advice and support to CVM management on issues affecting young female domestic workers.
• Advocacy and promotion of CVM’s mission and mandate;
• Conduct regular discussion with D/W on educational programme and with beneficiaries
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned.
• Providing technical support and backups to domestic workers Association and branches
• Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in social works or related fields;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience on social works with NGOs/CSOs;
• Previous experience in working with Domestic Workers will be added advantage;
• Demonstrated success working effectively with deadlines;
• Ability to communicate in English and Swahili is essential;
Method of ApplicationPlease send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023.