Junior Consultant at Savings Banks Foundation for International
- Company: Savings Banks Foundation for International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Opportunity offered to you in Tanzania
Interested in joining the team of Sparkassenstiftung? We are looking for a Junior Consultant in Tanzania with focus on Microinsurance.
The Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation specializes in international development cooperation within the financial sector in Eastern Africa.
Our belief is that a sound and performant microfinance sector plays an important role in the economic development of a country.
Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation (Savings Banks Foundation for international Cooperation) is a German NGO that promotes financial sector development. Sparkassenstiftung has been established by several Savings Banks in Germany in 1992 and has since then been working in more than 80 countries, successfully carrying out more than 200 projects.
To support our project in Tanzania, we are currently looking for an International Junior Consultant who will work remotely from Germany for a period of 6 months.
Roles and responsibilities:
Junior Consultants support the long-term experts and the local staff as well as the project partners of Sparkassenstiftung.
Our project components in Tanzania include amongst others, the Professionalization and Strengthening of microfinance institutions and their head organizations. As an important part of these project components, Sparkassenstiftung provides advisory services for the conceptualization and establishment of a microinsurance scheme. Based on your qualifications and interest, you will support this microinsurance initiative with a high level of ambition and self-responsibility, but the involvement in tasks from other activity areas is also possible.
• At least Bachelor’s degree in finance (banking and/or insurance) is required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a focus on finance-related subject possible;
• Completed vocational training (e.g. certified insurance clerk) and/or relevant working experience in the insurance industry is a plus;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and intercultural skills
• Advanced analytical and conceptual skills combined with a solid understanding of insurance processes;
• Strong ability to work self-responsible and remotely;
• Fluency in English;
• Fluency in German or Swahili is a plus;
• Good proficiency in MS Office.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application documents to [email protected]
Application deadline: 26th March 2021.