Jumbo Operators at North Mara Gold Mine Limited / Barrick
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited / Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Jumbo Operators to join Underground Production team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. Key duties are to operate Jumbo drilling rigs for mine development and install ground support according to quality specifications safely and efficiently. Also responsible for minimization of secondary breakage and over break and correct installation of ground support systems in accordance with geotechnical plans. The position will report to Production Manager – Underground. This is a two years fixed contract role..
- Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specification.
- Install all ground support and drill cable bolt hole, decline etc.
- Work without supervision to lead and complete technical activities for the department and ensure accurate and timely completion of activities.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality and environmental policies.
- Responsible for conducting and reporting results while maintaining accurate and detailed records and or plods.
- Prepare communication materials, manuals and other written materials related to technical issues, programs or systems.
- Responds to complex technical problems, making decisions that are guided by policies.
- Prioritizes and schedules work that are requested by the department.
- May be responsible for the inspection and replacement of company tools.
- Provides informal mentoring and learning to colleagues with less experience to enhance their technical knowledge and skill sets.
- College or technical training equivalent to 2 years of study.
- Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans.
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge of jumbo rigs.
- Must demonstrate good oral / written communication skills in English.
- Team Player and result oriented.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
- 08 -10 years of experience as a Jumbo Trainer/ Operator preferable under expatriate conditions.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Tamrock 2009 Axera Twin Boom Jumbos.
- Proven previous experience in Underground Mining.
- Previous supervisory/Trainer experience.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic Underground Mines Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge on Underground Mining operations.
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to act and operate as part of a team and possess a “can do” attitude that will motivate the crew to action company directives, regardless of personal opinion.
- Good time management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a safe, timely and professional fashion.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “JUMBO OPERATOR” in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th September 2021. BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.