Journalist II x10 at Tanzania Standard Newspapers Limited (TSN)
- Company: Tanzania Standard Newspapers Limited (TSN)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- ONE YEAR CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT
TANZANIA STANDARD (NEWSPAPERS) LIMITED (TSN) BACKGROUND
Tanzania Standard Newspapers Limited, a wholly-owned Government’s media house, was established under the Companies Act, 2002. The Company is the oldest media house in Tanzania, and its operation dates back in the 1930s. The Company publishes the Daily News, Sunday News, HabariLEO and Spo- tiLeo as well as online editions of these newspapers. As part of its structural transformation and business expansion in pursuit of more market share in East Africa and beyond, the Company operates Commercial Printing Plant. The plant undertakes wide variety of printing works to produce items such as diaries, calendars and books.
TSN invites dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill ten (10) vacant posts under one (1) year contract terms.
JOURNALIST II – 10 POSTS
WORK STATION – TSN HQ – DSM; TSN DODOMA; TSN ARUSHA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To write stories, features and commentaries
- To check accuracy and facts
- To translate stories, features and commentaries
- To determine a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- To research and analyze background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
- To receive assignments or evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- To perform any other duties related to the field as assigned by the supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields from recognized institutions.
- Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institution’s salary scale
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age;
- Permanent and Pensionable employees in the Public Service should not apply
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: –
- Degree/Advanced Diploma;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant must attach recent Passport Size Photo in the Application Letter;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council- for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is sup- posed/advised to indicate;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action
Method of ApplicationManaging Director,
Tanzania Standard (Newspapers) Limited (TSN),
P.O. Box 9033,
Dar es Salaam.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Postal or EMS not otherwise
Deadline for application is 24th March,2023;
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE