Janitor – Kasulu at Church World Service
- Company: Church World Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Level: Associate Technician
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
This position is primarily responsible for office maintenance.
This position reports directly to the General Service Officer.
1. Thoroughly cleans the RSC offices, bathrooms, kitchens and walkways as assigned.
2. Observes the office environment, ensures that the fire exits are always kept clear and
promptly reports any potentially hazardous situations such as slippery floors, loose electric
wires or sockets.
3. Ensures that all the office windows and various interior and exterior doors and grills are
closed and securely locked at the end of every business day. (Note: the final responsibility for
office locking rests with the management staff locking up on any particular day).
4. Ensures that all photocopiers and printers have been checked for documents and switched
off at the end of every business day. Any document found should be turned over to the
management staff locking up on any particular day.
5. Ensures that non-essential equipment is switched off and only the minimum equipment
required is switched on.
6. Reports any equipment that sounds or appears broken or in need of repair, including door
and window locks that need lubrication, tightening or replacement, leaky water taps etc.
7. Undertakes odd jobs such as minor repairs and window cleaning in coordination with the
8. Monitors stock levels of supplies needed for cleaning and maintenance and submits timely
requisitions for additional supplies.
9. Ensures that all the bathrooms are well stocked with soap, hand towels, tissues papers, air
fresheners, etc at all times.
10. Assists in general office duties as assigned e.g. photocopying, shredding, packing and
moving of files.
11. Ensures that the indoor plants are watered and cleaned.
12. Does routine daily purchases e.g. daily papers, milk and prepares tea/coffee for RSC visitors.
13. Performs any other duties which are developed and assigned in order to improve the
operations of RSC Africa.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
General office work experience preferred
The Janitor must have the ability to:
• Demonstrate work initiative by identifying work that needs to be completed;
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and
members of the general public;
• Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
• Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
• Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing
Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing,
walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine
finger movements and lifting/carrying moderate loads.
Additional Disclosure clause
This position is contingent upon approval of funding
Working environment: Incumbents in this position will work both indoors and outdoors.
Police Clearance issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 September 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th September , 2021.