IT Technician (2) at SUMAIT University
- Company: SUMAIT University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based Direct Aid (AD). In line with this expansion, of SUMAIT University – Zanzibar. The University is also making restructuring of Programs and Faculties in Education and Administration positions to accommodate the business needs.
Therefore, SUMAIT University wishes to invite both applications from suitable Internal and External qualified Individuals to fill the academic vacant posts as follows:-
IT Technician (2 posts)
SUMAIT University is looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Essential Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mousses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Certification or Diploma in IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Diploma in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 14 June 2021. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 June 2021.