IT Officer, Tanzania at BBC Media Action Tanzania
- Company: BBC Media Action Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
IT Officer, Tanzania
Job Title: IT Officer, Tanzania
Reports to: Operations Manager, Tanzania
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
We are the BBC’s international charity, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work across more than 20 of the world’s poorest and most fragile countries, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Each year, our projects and programmes reach 100 million people facing poverty, inequality and insecurity with information they can trust, helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We are independently funded and rely on the valued support of our donors and partners. We deliver a portfolio of media projects in Tanzania and we work to ensure that our projects are delivered on time to the highest possible standard, in accordance with BBC editorial values and BBC Media Action best practice.
To provide IT support to BBC Media Action staff in our Tanzania office and often required to work closely with the UK technology team and global IT officers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all current IT systems; including LAN, WLAN and wi-fi connectivity, PCs, operating systems, software applications and peripherals.
- Administer/manage total network, core switch, routing and firewall.
- Manage storage system (SAN or NAS Drives).
- Manage IP PBX (telephony exchange).
- Manage local conferencing systems (video/audio).
- Ensure server management (including backup, security etc.) is done effectively.
- Administer antivirus alerts and actions.
- Manage inventory and asset management for all IT equipment including licenses.
- Email configuration.
- Oversee provision of IT Support for the office.
- Data centre power management.
- Local technology projects (online projects, upgrades etc.).
- Purchase and vendor management.
- Manage access control system.
- User desktop, laptop, printer, scanner maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Smart phone configuration.
- User support and training on different Media Action systems like Office 365, SharePoint, MS Teams, Outlook etc.
- Configuration and support of any bespoke organisational systems, (Finance system – Access Dimensions, etc.).
- Manage BBC Media Action ticketing system for the country office: Create ticket(s), respond to ticket(s), act on the issues and provide solutions or escalate as required, resolve the call when solution is achieved.
- Maintenance of broadcast technology systems (studio, edit facilities).
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work.
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
Essential knowledge skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- Progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Experience in working with non-profits and/or membership organisations preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to work with the senior management team of an organisation, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
Method of Applicationrested qualified candidates should submit their CV with cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role by email to: [email protected] – please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm on 23rd May, 2021.
Only applicants with separate cover letter will be considered. Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.