IT Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Job title: IT Officer
Reporting to: Support Services Manager
Technical line manager: Support Services Manager
Direct reports: NA
Unit/department: Support Service
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for the day to day management of the IT infrastructure while supporting improvements in DRC’s IT sector. This includes assistance in providing technical support and planning support to future initiatives to increase the in-country capacity, security compliance, patch management, asset management and disposal.
• Planning, designing, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications and domains.
• Make recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement liaising with the procurement and logistics manager.
• Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
• Support with the setup and installation of new laptops/ PC’s for users and test configurations prior to installation.
• Log tickets in the Service desk system for calls, requests, enquiries and incidents; allocate to the responsible personnel; and ensure that all issues are resolved and all tickets are closed.
• Provide technical support to all program and support staff and troubleshoot both software and hardware issues by performing root cause analysis.
• Provide Internet Protocol (IP) network support and troubleshoot network issues
• Monitor the internet connection and bandwidth ensuring that Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
• Monitor the availability and quality of the network connection at Bases and camp offices on a daily basis.
• Provide technical support on application software used by the programs.
• Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
• Support set up and training for cloud storage systems – One Drive and Sharepoirt.
• Provide secondary support in scheduling, monitoring and logging server backups on a daily basis.
• Safeguard DRC data, ensure compliance to all DRC IT policy standards such as IT security protocols, social media use.
• Carry out assessments on the IT asset quality, provide maintenance and recommendations on replacements.
• Assist with the procurement specifications, installation, configuration and updating of hardware and software such as memory, network cards, adapter cards and printers.
• Provide support in the management and disposal of IT assets and prepare the relevant documentation.
• Train Program staff on IT matters as required. Implement capacity building plan, including budget, in participatory way, which should include various methodologies, including mentoring, training and advice.
• Provide secondary support for the Dynamics system.
• Prepare reports on specific projects undertaken.
• Develop technology solutions upon request for the Program.
Experience and technical competencies:
• A minimum of Three year’s relevant working experience in IT
• Good verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Proven commitment to accountable practices.
• Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
• Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science or related field
• UN Agencies
• Private Sector Suppliers
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☒ ☐
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise
Humanitarian approach & the work we do
Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
Culture, values & strong leadership
Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 October 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st October, 2022.