IT Manager (IT) at SUMAIT
- Company: SUMAIT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by Direct Aid a charity organization based in Kuwait, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non-Tanzanians to fill the academic vacant posts as follows:-
IT Manager (IT) (1 Post):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information System or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree can be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT operation for a multinational company of which a minimum of 2 years is in managerial position.
- IT related certification (an added advantage).
- Sound knowledge of up to date digital mobile platforms.
- Strong IT background (Technical & future trends).
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Firm grasps on IT infrastructure and operations best practice.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving or moving within the University in relation to the creation of user accounts, password creation, email accounts and security access ICT Services, Systems and Infrastructure
- To assist with the installation of new hardware as required for new users or network / systems upgrades
- To assist with the maintenance of the ICT asset register, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded in the register
- To assist with the creation and maintenance of all documentation relating ICT services and procedures
- To assist with and contribute to the ongoing administration and development of the ICT infrastructure
- To assist with the administration and verification of data backups
- To liaise and work with external suppliers and third parties as per any support and third party agreements to the benefit of theUniversity
- To contribute to team meetings and play an active role in the development of the service delivered by the team
- To comply with, and actively support, all the University policies and procedures, and in particular those relating to the delivery of ICT services and information security
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the University.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
- SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
[email protected] Applications should be addressed to: Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box 1933,
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 November 2020