IT , Jr. Lead at Natural Extracts Industries Ltd
- Company: Natural Extracts Industries Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is pioneering the sustainable, natural flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania for global export, starting with vanilla and other flavour extracts. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, value-add manufacturing and international sales and marketing. The smallholder outgrower network currently integrates over 6,700 vanilla farmers from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro, Mbeya and Kagera regions and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long term socioeconomic impact by doubling annual income per smallholder household.
Post: IT , Jr. Lead (1 post)
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
- Develop, plan, implement and manage IT best practices (e.g., ITIL version 4) for the installation, maintenance, and security of IT systems, end-user hardware, and IT network infrastructure.
- Develop, review, and implement policies related to IT systems and network security, disaster recovery, IT management, and IT infrastructure
- Manage outsourced IT team ensuring that they achieve objectives on agreed KPIs
- Monitor and analyse the success of IT initiatives and projects and continually develop and evaluate new technologies and tools for the company.
- Direct the activities of the IT help desk to ensure the IT needs of users are met.
- Manage development projects to integrate new technologies into existing systems with minimal to zero business interruption while maximising value for money.
- Periodically audit the network, and perform penetration testing to check for systems/network vulnerabilities then implement mitigation, corrective, and preventive measures as required.
- Overseeing the implementation of IT projects in accordance with business and IT strategy.
- Track and maintain assets inventory.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analysing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
- Develop, execute and test disaster recovery procedures, and maintain three-tier data backups.
- Conduct any other activities as may be required to ensure successful IT-enabled operations and business performance for NEI.
Desired Qualifications & Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Networking Engineering, Information Technologies, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience working in IT Operations, at least 1 year in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to self manage
- Up to date knowledge of industry-standard computer hardware and software systems
- Experience and/or ability to lead/managing teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written, in English and Swahili in a multi-cultural environment and across people of different outlooks & experiences.
- Expertise in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining common office productivity suites (Microsoft & Google), ability to generate report, analyse, visualise, & present data
- Integrity, Passion to learn, critical thinking and synthesis
- Strong in problem solving skills. Experience in Project Management is an advantage
- Familiarity with LDAP, IT Devices Management, ERP Systems, and Cloud computing environments (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by November 18th 2022. Applicants must indicate the subject line for the role applied, failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
Natural Extracts Industries is an equal opportunity employer.