IT Business Solutions Manager at JTI
- Company: JTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more jti.com
IT Business Solutions Manager (D&IT Markets & Regions MENEAT)
What this role is about?
This role is responsible for maintaining & supporting all or a proportion of the geographically distributed team and portfolio of applications, working with colleagues to standardize and drive efficiency. You should broaden their technical and delivery skills using tools at their disposal, including but not limited to Freedom within a Framework, Data management, ERP, and Sales solutions. The role is responsible for ensuring that 3rd-party solution providers & external resources fulfill agreed-upon commitments and contractual obligations within budgeted costs.
This role may lead projects to localize and roll out centralized systems, including the detailed planning and execution of the project/changes, data migration, external resources, and go-live. The role actively engages with business stakeholders and D&IT partners to explore capability improvements or to ensure a clear understanding of new capabilities requirements. Work with the Virtual team lead to understand existing tools that can deliver needs and plan in the Roadmap. Drive demand process to deliver new solutions as planned in the roadmaps. You will actively review technology successes in JTI and the external environment, bringing to Business partners’ attention to explore the innovation within the virtual team’s remit.
While ensuring adherence to JTI D&IT and Corporate governance standards, you will lead and manage identified changes & projects and on occasion related teams, to ensure they are executed successfully. You will work according to JTI’s Project Management Framework, established D&IT standards, policies and procedures, J-Sox controls, and industry best practices.
What will you do?
Capability Management identification and enhancement
- Collaborate with businesses to identify improvements for existing solutions
- Work to find existing solutions in JTI that have the required capabilities
- Help develop capabilities delivered by global teams and within regional/local solutions
Rollout of Central systems and Market Mile
- Under the direction of the RPD embrace and learn the steps and effort required to roll out a system to more than one market in the region
- Work with other regions who are rolling out systems ahead of your region to gain knowledge and to help deliver the solution faster in your region
Freedom within a Framework
- Use low code tools provided in the JTI environment to augment and deliver simple and short-term capabilities
- Make sure you are aware of the tools’ ever-increasing functionality, how these tools work, and leverage and communicate through APIs in JTI key systems to deliver data transfer or a better UX experience
Service Delivery Management & Business Continuity / Security
- Ensure the company’s business community is provided with appropriate support and training/development in business systems, software, and hardware in order to make effective and efficient usage of systems and resources and enable users to achieve business goals
- Responsible for ensuring that all shared D&IT applications / D&IT solutions under your portfolio are stable, reliable, and compliant to the legislation (e.g. payroll, data sources and data integrity, etc) in the region.
Geographically Distributed teamwork, & Operations
- This role will be part of geographically distributed teams responsible for a function within the region (M&S, Finance, Data, etc). This role manages the application portfolio (or part of it) of that function including the operational excellence (incident management, maintenance, enhancement, and change request, problems, etc) as well as managing demands and being accountable for the execution of projects of that specific function
- You may at times and as decided by the Regional Digital & IT lead be seconded to the RPD to assist or run project on behalf of the region
- Work with market teams to foster ideas and understand new trends and how they could challenge or provide an opportunity to change the business model or drive efficiencies into operations
- Responsible for respective D&IT budgets for managed applications and services in the Region. Responsible for planning the AP/SP and LE processes and delivering financial commitments with clarity on how the budget is used to run existing services, the cost of transformation/change, and the efficiency gained by the changes. Optimize, control, and reduce costs when possible, to improve regional budget efficiency and profitability
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT discipline with 3+ of those years in IT Management of Business Solutions/ Application teams (including people management where relevant)
- Preferred background of employment experience in multinational companies
- Good working knowledge of business and related processes in the FMCG industry
- Fluent oral and written English
- Proven Digital & E-commerce experience/knowledge
- Application Knowledge in “ServiceNow”
- Experience in at least 2 of the following new technology trends Microsoft PowerPlatform (PowerApps, PowerBI, PowerAutomate)
- Microsoft Data Lake and Data Warehouse technologies.
- Good knowledge on SQL Data Query, Analytics and Visualization using PowerBI
- Field Sales Solutions
- B2B / B2C solutions (Online Sales, Loyalty, and payment systems , consumer engagement)
- Business requirements analysis & process documentation
- Solutions design proposal and architecture (business applications and D&IT infrastructure), including but not limited to application design methodology (including Agile methodology), interface design, capacity planning, scalability
- Good financial and budgetary understanding
- Agile / Hybrid Project management methodologies (medium to large scale projects)
- Excellent Business relationship management capabilities
What Are The Next Steps – Recruitment Process
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.