IT Business Manager – VAS & Products at Airtel Tanzania PLC
- Company: Airtel Tanzania PLC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
About the job
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for an IT Business Manager – VAS & Products Position. The role reports directly to the IT Director in IT Department. He/She will be responsible for liaising between IT and the business, to assist in prioritizing of projects, ensuring that projects align with the best technology that provides maximum return on investments and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business..
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to;
1. Overall Solution Delivery;
- Evaluate project objectives
- Gains understanding of business strategies
- Pre projects Business solutions
2. Project Issues resolutions;
- Project prioritization
- Gathers information on competitor technology
3. Develop long range technology strategies;
- Participating in technology aspects of business sponsored -RFx’
- Stays abreast of industrial trends in business & technology
- Has relationships with research firms
- Involved with the advanced technology groups within organization
- Has relationships with external technology vendors
4. Provides initial project estimates for cost benefit analysis;
- New Business initiatives analysis
- Acts as a single point of contact for IT
5. Ensure all issues are escalated to the respective stakeholders
- Has relationships with internal technology team
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency
Academic and Qualifications and Experience;
- University degree in any Technology field BSC in Computer Science, MBA
- Professional qualification/certification in Project Management Techniques and related disciplines
- Conversant with Databases Oracle, Mysql or MSSQL
- Competent with MS Office Applications
- 5+ years with a minimum of 2 years in management role preferably within the IT/Telecoms industry
- Experience on delivering multiple complex projects and institutionalizing IT Process is Key
- P&L Management
- People management
- Competencies and Behavior required;
- Able to Drive Execution Excellence-Focused & Results Oriented
- Customer- Centric-Disciplined & Responsible
- Able to build collaborative Relationships-Listens to understand, curious/ respectful
- Able to build teams, develop talent and also work on self-Development.
- Be entrepreneurial -Has a growth mindset, Aspire to win, challenge & question
Deadline for receiving applications is 8th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.