IT Application Officer at NCBA
- Company: NCBA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
NCBA invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday!
Job Title: IT Application Officer
Reports to: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Job Purpose Statement
Assistant IT Manager to manage Banking and auxiliary applications, Manage Service Level for logged calls in Daraja overall operations that facilitate the stable operation of the bank’s IT Applications. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas; particularly Core Banking Operations, Integration, Channels, Enterprise Systems and all major business applications. In collaboration with external vendors, system experts and information security experts the Applications Manager will schedule and direct activities to resolve software and service problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage and set priorities for design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all Applications systems including Core Banking, Enterprise systems, Treasury Systems, Channels, Credit systems, Payment systems, Risk systems, Middleware’s and other Application related systems
- Manage in-country Applications Operations to ensure projects, incidents, problems, service requests and escalations are dealt with according to defined set of policies, processes, procedures and SLA’s.
- Manage the effectiveness of the in-country Technology Applications (systems, people, policy, controls and procedures) with regard to protection against exposure to and impact of risks associated with data loss, corruption and/or unauthorized access.
- Provides effective leadership to IT Applications to ensure a conducive work environment and employee satisfaction. This is through facilitation of appropriate training and development programs, coaching and mentoring approaches and ensuring that appropriate tools and resources are available to staff to execute on their roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute in the development and updating of a Business Continuity Plan for the IT operations of the bank
- Provide and execute detailed Disaster recovery plans for Core Banking and other critical business applications
- Liaise with the Head of IT, Group Head of Applications, Group Head of IT Security, Manager of Infrastructure and other internal business units for maintenance and deployment of the BCP.
Ideal Job Specifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with 3 years in a managerial role within a large highly digitized organization designing, implementing and managing mission critical systems
- Certification and experience implementing best practice frameworks e.g. COBIT, ITIL preferred
- Project Management Certification: PMP or PRINCE2
- Four years’ experience in Application support in medium to large organizations.
- Hands on and practical knowledge in use of RDBMs e.g. Oracle, MS SQL
- Working experience in a bank or other financial services organization.
- Experience in Management of Support Contracts, RFP’s and Third party support providers.
- Enterprise architecture, road mapping and future proofing technology platforms against dynamic and emerging business requirements
- Leadership to nurture and sustain employee satisfaction, and to manage changes.
- Performance Management to optimize employee productivity
- Organization development to effectively structure the operations of IT Application frameworks and support for optimal performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern practices for IT Applications architecture and operations in medium to large banks to provide guidance on quality improvements and strategic changes
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide performance of Application design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 1856
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January, 2024.