Investment & Project Manager at RENEW
- Company: RENEW
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
WHO IS RENEW?
At RENEW, we see opportunities in Africa where others too often only notice the problems. We invest rather than provide handouts by finding promising businesses, connecting them to investors around the world and growing them into world-class companies. We do this because we believe that many growing businesses, together, create the engine that lifts entire nations out of poverty. Our vision is to become the best middle market investment firm in Africa, investing in 20 countries across the continent. We’re looking to hire those who embody our values and get excited about our vision.
Since 2012, we have been pioneering an innovative blended-finance model that partners with the development community and focuses on investing in high-potential small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Africa. This blended-finance model allows us to invest in smaller deals that are often overlooked by larger investors but are too big for microfinance. We then help these companies build disciplined, gender-smart management systems and teams and grow them into market leading companies. As a result of our investment work to date, we have become one of the most active SME investment firms in East Africa, and our network of investors (the Impact Angel Network) has grown to become the largest North American-based angel network dedicated to investing in SMEs in Africa.
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as an Investment & Project Manager based remotely, in Tanzania. In candidates, we look for those who align with our values: loyalty, integrity, trustworthiness, commitment and a trailblazing attitude. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow and innovate. As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. Additionally, the people that flourish at RENEW are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work, and they sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This role will assist in establishing RENEW’s presence in Tanzania by engaging stakeholders, growing our investment pipeline, performing research and other consulting project based work. As our first hire in Tanzania, you will also assist with certain administrative and operational tasks such as banking, working on incorporating our Tanzanian entity, and other general operational tasks that require presence on the ground.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in business and/or investment work, and/or project management. Successful candidates will be comfortable working in frontier markets, learning and working with diverse cultures, adaptive and emotionally intelligent, patient and an excellent communicator. Successful candidates will also be strong trainers and researchers and capable of handling data analysis and a variety of business and finance work. S/he will receive comprehensive onboarding and critical support from RENEW’s leadership team and will be involved in a high-impact role creating significant social and financial impact on the continent.
- Sourcing potential companies in Tanzania for RENEW’s investment pipeline
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Supporting the consulting team in the execution of key development projects by achieving results and meticulously delivering on all project milestones
- Participating in the development and ongoing maintenance of a collaborative company-wide M&E and reporting system that effectively captures the social impact of the firm, particularly in the area of gender equality
- Helping to develop and facilitate RENEW’s core gender-smart programs by training, coaching and supporting SMEs based in Tanzania
- Working with the project lead to help prepare project reports for clients that demonstrate RENEW’s social impact results in a compelling and beautiful manner
- Reporting to and collaborating with RENEW’s management team on a regular basis to continuously improve SOPs and efficiency in delivering project results
- Assist with in-country administrative and operational work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or development is preferred
- 6+ years experience in project management and/or finance
- A keen eye for detail and sharp analytical skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines and achieve or exceed required results in collaboration with teams
- Proficiency in writing reports in English
- Strong project management skills – certification in project management is a plus
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Participation in company retirement plan
- Medical insurance coverage
- Paid leave
We invite you to learn more about RENEW by visiting our website: www.renewstrategies.com.
RENEW is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Further, RENEW supports gender-based pay equity and is committed to compensating women and men equally, for equal work.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th August, 2022.