Interns x4 at EWURA
- Company: EWURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), in collaboration with NARUC, has four internship opportunities for which suitably qualified Tanzanian women graduates are invited to apply. The program is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Power Africa.
EWURA is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting, and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, and petroleum and natural gas sectors.
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing the State Public Service Commissioners who regulate essential utility services in the United States. NARUC members are responsible for assuring reliable utility service at fair, just, and reasonable rates. Founded in 1889, the Association is an invaluable resource for its members and the regulatory community, providing a venue to set and influence public policy, share best practices, and foster innovative solutions to improve regulation.
Intern – Natural Gas Engineer (2 Posts)
Office: Natural Gas Division
Supervisor: Senior Engineer II – Natural Gas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in coordination, collation, analysis and storage of information related to natural gas transmission for regulatory reporting purposes on a periodic basis.
- To provide support in carrying out technical analyses of natural gas components and report any potential problems that require attention.
- To assist in reviewing reports submitted by explorers, transporters, and sellers.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The ideal intern for this position should have a Bachelor’s degree in
- Engineering (Petroleum, Gas, Mechanical, Chemical and/or Processing) and/or Geo-Science (Geology and/or Geophysics).
Intern – Electricity Engineer (2 Posts)
Office: Electricity Division
Reports to: Senior Engineer II – Electricity Markets
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in ensuring optimal provision of economic, technical, safety, and environmental inputs to regulating and controlling the generation of electricity.
- To provide support in monitoring activities of power generation and electricity marketing, including Independent Power Producers(IPPs), Emergency Power Projects, Small Power Projects, Market Operators, and cross-border trading.
- To provide support in monitoring electricity trading arrangements between the utilities and suppliers (including IPPs) and cross border entities according to the best industry practices.
- To participate in dispute resolution for various customer complaints.
- To provide support in in pre-licensing inspection of electrical facilities undertaken by the Electricity Directorate.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The ideal intern for this position should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty, and sense of responsibility;
- Eagerness/willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work in a dynamic team.
Tenure and Remuneration
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend, to be provided by NARUC.
- Interns shall be responsible for their travel (where applicable) to and from the Authority’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be eligible for reimbursement of costs to participate in a predetermined amount of site visit inspections.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage.
- Internships will be for a period of 12 months.
- Eligible candidates include recently graduated female students, between the age of eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, or female students currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized higher learning institution.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Submission of a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned degree.
- Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must be fluent both in English and Kiswahili.
Method of ApplicationSigned application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with degree certificates, transcripts, academic progress report, copy of birth Certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 2nd June 2023.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for opportunity will not be entertained and may work to the applicant’s disadvantage.
Application letters with envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR NARUC WOMEN IN ENERGY INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES” should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P 0 Box 2857, DODOMA
Email: [email protected]
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE