Interns x10 – Sustainable Cities Project at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Interns (10 posts)
Reports To: Principal Investigator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: November 15th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for qualified candidates to serve as Interns in the following research areas: Urban Planning, Urban Governance, GIS Analyst, Health, Education, Statistics, Epidemiology, and Social Sciences. This position is intended to support junior researchers and academicians take their carrier to the next level and prepare them for hands-on employment opportunities in future.
While the Interns will be linked with researchers within the department of Health Systems, Impact Evaluation and Policy, the Sustainable Health and Learning Cities’ Project will host them and build their capacity in contributing to the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s): Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages (SDG 3); Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all (SDG 4); and Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable (SDG 11).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage large quantitative and qualitative dataset across 14 cities in 7 countries (Tanzania, Rwanda, South Africa, Philippines, Bangladesh, China, and India).
- Take part in basic training and engage in data management, analysis and writing of scientific publications for the period of 3 to 5 months (November 2021-March 2022).
- The internship program will involve physical and zoom meetings. Therefore, applicants are expected to own personal computers/laptops.
Qualification and Experience
- Masters in Urban Planning, Education, Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Science and other related field or Bachelor degree in similar field with at least 2 scientific
- Scientific writing with at least 1 publication in peer reviewed journal will be of significant
- Experience in the use of statistical and mapping/spatial software such as Stata and R will be an added
- Researchers in public and private organizations/universities who are interested and able to secure time for capacity building workshops (at least 5 consecutive days per month) may apply to this
Skills and Competencies
- Skills in qualitative and quantitative Data management
- Professional altitude with high level of integrity
- Good skills in problem solving, team
- Able to meet
- Good oral communications in English and
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and )
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday November 15th 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: INTERN – SUSTAINABLE CITIES. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]