International Partnership and Trade Officers x6 at Community Forests Pemba
- Company: Community Forests Pemba
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Community Forests Pemba
Post: CFP International Partnership & Trade Officer
Work Package : SO 4 – Value Addition and Enterprise.
Location: Stone Town, Unguja Island, Zanzibar – Tanzania
Hours : 8:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday (flexible)
Annual Salary : Approximately 33,000 EUR
Reporting: CFI Executive Director | CFP Executive Director
Responsibilties: Team entrepreneur. Seek and develop international partnerships to grow Zanzibar’s ethical spice trade and Community Forests Pemba’s wider climate action projects.
Contact : [email protected]
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Community Forests Pemba (CFP) is a Tanzanian non-governmental organization founded and headquartered on Pemba Island, Zanzibar which has been working with local partners and its international sister organization, Community Forests International (CFI), since 2008 to advance shared goals of social, economic, and ecological prosperity. Together we have planted over 3 million trees, innovated several new climate-smart technologies and enterprises, and demonstrated that the best solutions come directly from the people who need them most.
Mission: To overcome poverty and adapt to climate change by sharing knowledge, advancing sustainable livelihoods, and restoring the natural environment.
Vision: Zanzibar communities thrive in harmony with the natural world.
- Trust is essential to strong relationships, and relationships are the foundation of our work. We act with honor and integrity to preserve trust between all members of our community.
- Tuko pamoja – we are together. Everyone is equal and has a role to play in creating positive change. We believe in sharing our challenges and working as one.
- Impact. We believe that we can change the world through innovation in Zanzibar. We share our local lessons and stories widely to maximize our positive impact globally.
The International Partnership and Trade Officer will play a significant leadership role in helping grow the ethical and climate-smart horticulture trade in Zanzibar by building on existing partnerships and developing new relationships to increase overall investment and positive impact. As a key local focal point and liason based full-time on the main island of Unguja, Zanzibar, the International Partnership and Trade Officer will work alongside an international executive team and local technical staff to implement a multiyear project funded by the European Union while pursuing additional complimentary growth opportunities for the organization.
RESPONSABILITIES AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Key Performance Indicators
- Facilitate representation at 3 regional, national, or international trade shows and engage approximately 45 investor, processor, exporter, and buyer entities per year.
- Secure at least 2 new international ethical buying partnerships to support the development of value webs engaging approximately 20 new local small- and medium-sized horticulture enterprises per year.
- Coordinate the creation of 2 comprehensive development plans for horticulture production and processing hubs on Pemba and Unguja island respecitively including detailed investor business cases and costing.
- Broker Public Private Partnership (PPP) investment for the construction of 2 commercial horticulture production and processing hubs over a 36 month period.
- Ensure acheivement of world class outcomes including; an average 75% annual increase in volume and 5% annual increase in value of international horticultural trade for approximately 15,000 small scale horticulture producers annually.
- Facilitate clear communication and information flow between producer, buyer, government, and implementing institutions to establish and maintain mutual understanding and cooperation in the development of various horticulture production, processing, and trade partnerships.
- Frequent travel between Unguja and Pemba Islands, the region’s two main working zones.
- Travel to key trade events and meetings within the European Union to generate, negotiate and secure new international partnerships.
- Serve as a focal point and liason between the local implementing offices in Zanzibar and the Canadian headquarters of Community Forests International.
- Work closely with the executive leadership of Community Forests Pemba and Community Forests International to cultivate a “pipeline” of potential clients, contracts, and partnerships unique to the Zanzibar region and informed by expected value calculations and win-loss tracking.
- Support the creation and implementation of internal strategies to act on growth opportunities specific to the local implementing offices in Zanzibar including development of key alliances and proposal writing and management.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
- At least 5 years professional experience in similar role.
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, or a related field with preference given to relevant horticulture, sales, or trade focus.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship is a strong asset to this role.
- Relationship Building. Ability to engage and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders to secure beneficial, lasting partnerships.
- Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
- Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
- Drive. Possess a high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently to accomplish critical tasks on deadline.
- Innovation and creative problem solving . Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in improvement of team performance or outcomes.
- Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with additional fluencies in other European languages and / or Swahili being an asset.
- Financial budgetting, forecasting, and tracking.
- Project design and management.
- Sales, marketing, and communications.
- Citizen or resident of the European Union, and / or ability to demonstrate freedom to travel between Tanzania and European Union member states to conduct work.
- No criminal record.
Method of Application
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitate (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to [email protected] with the subject heading ‘International Partnership & Trade Officer’.
Community Forests Pemba is committed to diversity in our work environment and we encourage applications from both women and men, young and old, and persons living inside and outside of Zanzibar. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. To learn more about our work please visit: www.forestsinternational.org or www.forestspemba.org