International Partnership and Trade Officer (6) at Community Forests Pemba
- Company: Community Forests Pemba
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Organization: Community Forests Pemba
Department: Technical (Value Addition and Enterprise)
Location: Stone Town, Unguja Island, Zanzibar – Tanzania
Reports to: CFI Executive Director and CFP Executive Director
Details: Full-time, 1-year renewable contract
Salary: 33,000 EUR
Deadline to apply: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The International Partnership and Trade Officer will play a significant leadership role in helping grow the ethical and climate-smart horticulture trade in Zanzibar by building on existing partnerships and developing new relationships to increase overall investment and positive impact. As a key local focal point and liaison based full-time on the main island of Unguja, Zanzibar, the International Partnership and Trade Officer will work alongside an international executive team and local technical staff to implement a multi-year project funded by the European Union while pursuing additional complimentary growth opportunities for the organization.
- At least 5 years professional experience in similar role.
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, or a related field with preference given to relevant horticulture, sales, or trade focus.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship is a strong asset to this role.
- Relationship Building. Ability to engage and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders to secure beneficial, lasting partnerships.
- Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
- Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
- Drive. Possess a high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently to accomplish critical tasks on deadline.
- Innovation and creative problem solving. Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in improvement of team performance or outcomes.
- Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with additional fluencies in other European languages and / or Swahili being an asset.
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and tracking.
- Project design and management.
- Sales, marketing, and communications.
- Citizen or resident of the European Union, and/or ability to demonstrate freedom to travel between Tanzania and European Union member states to conduct work.
- No criminal record.
For the full job description, please click here: International Partnership & Trade Officer.
Method of Application
Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to [email protected] with the subject heading International Partnership & Trade Officer.