Internal Control Analyst at Tigo
- Company: Tigo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Internal Control Analyst is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and assessment of the internal control environment. As peer to the group, ensure that internal control environment methodology and guidelines are adhered.
The Internal Control Analyst has a supporting role towards the other functions, financial as well as operational, to help them to embed internal control in their day-to-day activities.
- Understand and assist Internal Control Manager deploy the internal control environment (ICE) throughout the company.
- Is responsible to timely report to the corporate internal control function by responding to queries.
- Provide training on ICE to new employees and process/control owners.
- Field questions from Business Process Owners and control owners about internal control objectives, approach or how to handle specific situations that arise.
- Time to time review and update of internal control matrix (backbone procedures) by identifying all controls owners, ensuring that that Business Process Owners have a complete list of all controls in their processes.
- Coordinate and monitor the timely and proper completion of the periodic internal control assessment (peer review) and ensure timely reporting.
- Help the company assess its status and compliance level with the Internal Controls and what developments are needed to achieve an acceptable Internal Control Environment by coordinating and monitoring response to Internal Control Self-Assessment Questionnaires.
- Ensure that control and BPOs understand the objectives of the controls assigned to them and that controls are properly implemented as per the requirements, if not, ensure that you are aware and understand the reason.
- To help the BPOs to assess status of their processes and gaps against the Internal Control objectives and the way the controls are being performed in order to ensure continuous improvement in the business processes.
- Reinforce ownership and accountability of Business Process Owners and Management.
- Ensure accountability & improvement monitoring of internal controls
- Follow up on the operation internal control action plan by ensuring timely remediation.
- Inventory all local policies and procedures. Determine the last review date and prepare a rolling plan for review and update. Update local policies and procedures, and implement where gaps or omissions have been identified and ensure consistent with Group policies and procedures. Initiate creation of non-existing policies.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics.
- 2 years of working experience in Audit, Risk, Internal Control, and Fraud or in any other area related to compliance category.
- Good Accounting skills, Communication skills and Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- High level of integrity
- Attentive to details
This position is open to people: Local
Method of Application
Closing Date : 24th October, 2020.