Internal Auditor Officer at GEUWASA
- Company: GEUWASA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (GEUWASA) is Semi-Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water. It was declared water board on 29th May 2002 by the Minister responsible for water and published in the Government notice 258 on 20th June 2002 in accordance with the water works act, Cap 272 to operate and manage water supply and sanitation service in Geita town.
In order to attain GEUWASA Vision and Mission, GEUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified performance driven Tanzanians male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
INTERNAL AUDITOR OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
KEY RESULT AREA: Chief advisor to the Managing Director on the proper management of resources of the Authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing advisory services to the Accounting Officer on the proper management of resources on financial control, performance and compliance on relevant policies, legislation and standards.
- Advise the MD and Management on matters pertaining to the Internal Audit functions;
- Prepare and implement annual audit plan and special audits;
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulations or instructions for control over the expenditure of the Authority;
- Conduct performance, financial, special and technical audits;
- Report audit findings and follow up to ensure recommended remedial actions are implemented by the management;
- Develop internal audit manuals and procedures to facilitate to ensure and maintain adequate and effective internal controls;
- Develop and implement internal audit policies and control systems, rules, procedures, regulations and manuals for managing the financial resources of the Authority in compliance with international standards;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and verify existence of such assets;
- Review and report on the reactions by the management to internal audit reports, and assist management in the implementation of recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General;
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the Authority;
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the Authority’s objectives and goals to be met;
- Report risk management issues and internal control deficiencies identified direct to the audit committee and provide recommendations for improving the Authority’s operations, in terms of efficiency and effective performance;
- Recommend on value for money on economical, efficient and effective utilization of the Authority’s resources;
- Prepare periodic performance reports for the Unit; and
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the MD
Qualifications Required, Competency and Experience
- A holder of Bachelor Degree in finance or Accounting Must be registered by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors Tanzania (NBAA) as Associate Certified Public Accountant (ACPA (T)) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent with five (5) years of working experience at managerial position in the field of auditing.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Must be ICT literate with interpersonal communication skills.
- This vacancy carry an attractive competitive package
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
- All applicants must be citizen of Tanzania.
- Two recent passport size picture should be attached
- The Curriculum Vitae (CV) must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
- Cover letter of the applicants should contain the strength of information given in the advertisement
- FORM IV AND VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
- Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will NOT be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examinations bodies, colleges or University should be verified by NECTA, NACTE orTCU.
- Certified copies of certificates of Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript and Birth Certificate.
- Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address).
- Application letter should be written in English
- Applicants with special needs/ case (disability) are supposed to indicate.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly intelligent and ability to adopt to changes quickly
- Capacity to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholder
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
All applications should be sent to GEUWASA Office and be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Geita Urban Water and Sanitation Authority,
- ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BEFORE 17th September 2020.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES (WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS) WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW, AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS UN SUCCESSFUL.