Internal Auditor II at EWURA
- Company: EWURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class
regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the
electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which
suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
INTERNAL AUDIT DIVISION
Post Title: Internal Auditor II (1 post)
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor II
Internal Auditor II will be responsible for assisting the Management to institute effective internal control system, risk management and good governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct internal audit work
- To prepare audit reports.
- To organize and prepare working papers.
- To prepare and keep internal audit files and other relevant information.
- To participate and witness in annual stocktaking and non-current assets verification.
- To provide inputs in the preparation on annual audit plan and review of internal audit procedures and manual
- To conduct follow up on the progress made on the implementation of Board’s directives.
- To assist in evaluating internal controls, risk management and governance processes and recommend actions for improvement.
- To participate in the divisional risk management process.
- To provide inputs in the preparation of divisional performance reports.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions plus either CPA(T), ACCA, ACA, ClAor equivalent professional qualification recognized by the NBAA.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Certified copies of certificates.
- one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding and must state their check numbers.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover for their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered as self-initiated.
- Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant’s disadvantage.
- The applicant who will submit the applications through E-mail address provided below should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should submit their applications by 17th January, 2023 through E-mail: [email protected] or to the following address:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,