Internal Auditor, Compliance at Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Company: Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019. It is mandated to play specific voluntary humanitarian roles during disasters/emergencies, and peacetime as an auxiliary organ to the public authorities. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office are located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, PACT and Pathfinder International
|JOB TITLE||:||INTERNAL AUDITOR, COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT MANAGER (1 POST)|
|Reports to||:||Finance and Audit Committee (Oversight Committee) and administratively to the Secretary General|
|Duty Station||:||TRCS Headquarters, Dar Es Salaam|
|Not above 45 Years.
FOR INTERNAL AUDIT:
- Plan audits and determine the audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of National Society’s operations, activities, systems, and controls. Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques to facilitate the conduct of the
audit and prepare the annual internal audit plan.
- Investigating any appearance or allegation of fraud,
embezzlement, and/or misappropriation of funds within TRCS headquarters or branches and issue a special report.
- Ensures the existence of effective internal controls in the areas of finance, accounting, procurement and recruitment processes.
- Prepares a quarterly internal audit report and attends, as an ex-officio member, the TRCS Finance and Audit Committee meetings, where the report is tabled quarterly.
- To develop and carry out regular reviews of appropriate procedures manuals for the
- various areas of operations as necessary
- To formulate and put in place an effective inspection and audit administrative policy guidelines, which will regulate and stream line all audit functions as they relate to cost control, procurement, standard procedures and systems for use within the region
- To liaise with external auditors in the respective regions in the year-end audit and follow up on the implementation of their recommendations.
- To assist in developing and managing an effective Inspection and Audit functions that is motivated and well-trained staff for the effective performance of the audit team at TRCS
- To undertake regular spot audit, check and inspections of sensitive areas and investigate general or specific irregularities and to follow up promptly to ensure that corrective actions recommended by the external auditors are implemented and that the interest of the National Society is not compromised through any irregularities that may lead to financial loss.
- Scrutinizes all working advance returns from Headquarters staff and branches for all
TRCS projects, and petty cash payments to ensure adherence to TRCS finance manual.
- Schedule regular meetings with management to communicate internal audit findings and explore suitable solutions to any data errors, unaccountable transactions, faulty or inefficient processes
- Tests and documents the existence of effective internal controls in the areas of accounting, procurement, administration and recruitment processes.
- Specifying internal checks including pre-audit checks, adherence to policies, procedures and compliance with rules, laws and regulations to ensure that payments to contractors/consultants are made in accordance with the stipulated guidelines of the government, donor agencies and Red Cross partners.
- Support and advise the senior management in preparation of Standard Operating
- Procedures (SOPs) in critical areas like meeting financial obligations under the system of working advance to staff and branches.
- In collaboration with Secretary General Office to ensures that organization Code of Conducts are in place and adhered by both Governance (Board), all TRCS Staff and Volunteers.
- In collaboration with Procurement/ Logistics unit and Regional Offices to ensure that there are all aspects of compliance in the supply chain process and Inventory/Assets management.
FOR RISK AND COMPLIANCE:
- Development and regular update of Risk Management Policies and procedures for the National Society.
Develop and regularly update a Risk Matrix/Risk Register covering all areas of the National society’s operations, ensuring mitigating actions and processes are in place and responsibilities for particular risks are allocated and monitored.
- Implement and update the Control and Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA) program throughout the National Staff.
- Conducting internal control evaluation and risk assessment to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively. Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide appropriate training to TRCS staff in order to raise the awareness of Risk Management.
- To assist the Departments in risk identification, risk evaluation and analysis, risk monitoring and mitigation and risk control functions at their respective business and functional areas.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or any other related field from a recognized university.
- Must possess internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications such as CPA (T), ACCA, CIMA, CISA, or other related professions.
- Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of Associate Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) or Fellow Certified Public Accountant (FCPA).
- At least six (6 years) experience in a relevant field in Public /or Private Sectors of which three years must be at a managerial position.
- Must have a working knowledge of computerized Accounting and Audit systems.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and experience with donor-funded projects.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to supervise, train, and coach staff in relevant skills.
- Self-motivated with high level of responsibility, accountability and integrity.
- Be able to demonstrate comfortability in leading teams and willing to proactively contribute to the team.
- Focus and attentive to details and deadlines
- Performance oriented
- Experience of working in a professional services environment is desirable.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter, updated CV and certificates combined as one PDF to Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, P. O. Box 1133, Dar Es Salaam by filling the following online online form – https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/5uwKuYZ2 (Copy this link and paste on your browser). Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted
When filling the form clearly mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Your application must be received by 16.00 hours of 4th September 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process and selection process. TRCS also uses our official email an with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, Yahoo or any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through the Official Email: [email protected]