Internal Auditor at Kahama Co-operative Union Limited
- Company: Kahama Co-operative Union Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Kahama Co-operative Union Limited (KACU Ltd) with registration number 5493 was incorporated in Tanzania in 1994 under the Co-operative Societies Act No.15 of 1991. KACU Ltd is currently operating under the Co-operative Societies Act No. 06 of 2013. The Union is domiciled and operates in Kahama District in Shinyanga Region.
Our vision is to become a strong Co-operative Union that provide good supervision, management skills to its Primary Co- operative Societies and the Community as well as to improve the economic standard of farmers and community development in Kahama District.
Our Mission is to improve productivity among members by providing progressive training for effective running of KACU LTD and its affiliated member societies.
In this regard, activities of KACU LTD have specifically expanded and the Union now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled Tanzanians to fill the following available vacancies:
INTERNAL AUDITOR (1 Vacancy) – Re-advertised Nature and scope
The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors of KACU Ltd. He/She will be responsible for evaluating a Union’s internal controls, including its corporate governance and accounting processes. He/She will ensure the compliance with laws and regulations and help to maintain accurate and timely financial reporting and data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To review and report if there is adequate control over the collection, handling, and use of office financial and non-financial resources;
- Reviewing and reporting as the operating systems outlined in the various laws, regulations and directives from the Registrar of Co-operatives are adhered to ensure that there is adequate control over the use of funds in the office;
- Reviewing and reporting such as settings and distributions into income accounts (revenue) and expenditures are correct;
- To review and provide information on the accuracy of the calculations and the various information prepared by the office;
- To review and provide information on existing systems and used to protect UNION’S assets, as well as to conduct audits of such assets;
- Review and advice on the activities and plans of the office to see if they align with the intended purposes or as per mission, vision and values of the Union;.
- Reviewing and reporting on the various measures taken by Management in response to the External Auditor’s arguments; and support the implementation of the recommendations;
- To assist on the implementation of the recommendations made by the External Auditors;
- Check the existing operational and Technological systems in the office and advice accordingly;
- Develop a work plan and a strategic audit plan;
- Prepare and maintain inspection plans;
- To carry out value checks on development projects and other operations of the Union and advice accordingly;
- Provide audit opinion advice on rectifications (if any) accordingly;
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/Finance or related field.
- Holder of an internationally recognized accountancy qualification such as CPA or ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style.
- Excellent developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize workload with minimum supervision.
- Should have computer skills.
- Possession of a CIA will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationKahama Co-operative Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
- Application letter showins how they meet the requirements of the position-
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae; ’
- Contacts statins name in full, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Copies of relevant certificates and Certification of Nationality; and
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Kahama Co-operative Union Limited,
Email: [email protected]