Intern: Operations at UONGOZI Institute
- Company: UONGOZI Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Institute’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Unit supports the implementation and realisation of the Institute’s strategic plan by coordinating the planning processes, tracking and analysing performance, and championing a performance culture.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the coordination of the Unit activities, reporting directly to the M&E Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to planning & budgeting systems and tools, performance reporting tools, as well as administrative tasks. It involves:
- Assist to develop and implement the Institute’s Result Based Management monitoring & evaluation frameworks and systems;
- Assist to carry out Institute’s performance evaluation;
- Assist to prepare quarterly and annual progress and performance reports;
- Assist to coordinate Institution’s annual plan;
- Assist to collect data from the Institute’s events for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support the administrative tasks: drafting letters, prepare report documents and other business correspondences.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science or relevant Social Sciences field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.