Intern – IT Operation Support at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Brief description of Technology Division Tanzania
The Technology Division (TEC) for WFP Tanzania is supporting the Country Office and six (6) remote Offices across the Country. The unit is thriving to provide quality IT services to 154 staff members in Tanzania, embracing digital transformation to see greater resource management, increased agility, productivity and ultimately customer experience. The unit strategy align itself with the business strategy and objectives of WFP Tanzania’s 2017-2021 Country Strategic Plan, which focuses on supporting the Government of Tanzania in its efforts to achieve the sustainable Development Goals, and in particular the Zero Hunger 2030 agenda. In doing so, the unit supports projects, including SCOPE, a beneficiary management system aiming at digitalizing and simplifying food distribution in the refugee operations [SDG2 Zero Hunger]. One UN Common Services project, where WFP procure and provide common IT services on behalf of the UN Sister Agencies in Dar es salaam, through which the entire UN system in Tanzania benefiting from economies of scale, managed and standardized common IT services across the board [SDG17 Partnership]
In 2021 the new Country Strategic Plan is being formulated and the unit has positioning itself to fully engage with the business units and all stakeholders, to ensure that it significantly contribute to the new CSP by leveraging all opportunities and make impact to the common Goal of achieving Zero hunger in Tanzania.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ BSc. in IT/Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electronics and Telecoms
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Fluent in English
Other specific requirements:
- Drive, motivation and enthusiasm
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization
- Customer care
To provide support Information Technology unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Information Tecnology with the following key duties:
1. Provide IT Operation support to staff at the Country Office and Sub
2. Record and track all incidents in the helpdesk system (EasyVista).
3. Support the development and maintenance of wazo intranet site.
4. Troubleshoot and resolve incidents reported by staff on:
a. Office Computers, tablets and mobile phones,
b. Microsoft Office applications including Teams and One Drive,
c. Windows 10 operating system,
e. Printing service
5. Configure IT equipment and liaise with the Administration Unit for
delivery of equipment to sub-offices.
6. Creation and updating of IT unit records and system configuration
7. Support and facilitate all online meeting such as Teams/Zoom/VC or
any required communication between the field and/or Country office
8. Perform other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP of 14% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance rate of the duty station (the DSA rate for Dar es Salaam is US$223) times the number of days worked in the entire month. The stipend rate ranges from US$665 to US$718 per month for Dar es salaam, Tanzania CO.
- Applicants must be Tanzanian nationals.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th August, 2021.