Intern: Finance and Administration at UONGOZI Institute
- Company: UONGOZI Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in ensuring the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly within the allocated budget. It administers the Institute’s cash flows and budgets, prepares and submits periodic financial reports, oversees fixed assets and ensures statutory compliances are in order whilst providing guidance and insights to create value.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the Finance and Administration Team with the day-to-day operations of the department, reporting directly to the Accountant.
This role exposes fresh graduates to efficient and accurate accounting functions. The Finance and Administration Intern will:
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques.
- Update the cashbooks.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- File finance documents to ensure accurate record keeping, including receipts, vouchers etc.
- Revise and verify staff imprest retirements.
- Assist to prepare financial reports.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected candidate will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
Method of ApplicationJoin our Finance and Administration Department by applying through [email protected], with a subject line “Finance Intern” by 10 November 2022 at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to Strengthening the diversity of its workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.