Intern, Children and Young People Programme at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Company: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an Intern, Children and Young People Programme to support the Children and Young People programme global activities including influencing, communications, fundraising and project management. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is offered on a 6 months fixed-term contract basis.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
This role will support the wider programme services team with administrative, communications, and project management tasks, especially in the implementation of projects related to youth leadership, social and behaviour change communications and school feeding which contribute to the programme’s global and regional activities.
Role specifics include;
- Supporting the campaign coordinators to advance the youth advocates program, regularly updating social media content and helping plan events and workshops
- Working in collaboration with others at GAIN, including the Knowledge Learning and Communications team to disseminate content (media stories, reports lessons learned, case studies).
- Supporting the adaptation of social and behaviour change communications (SBCC) materials
- Handling administrative tasks and maintenance of SharePoint on behalf of the programme
You should be a self-starter able to show initiative and prioritize your workload and able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced, multicultural organisation. You should also possess excellent communications skills, be able to convey technical concepts clearly and be fully literate with Microsoft Office. You should have the existing right to work and live in Tanzania.
For more detailed role information, please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
GAIN is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March , 2022.