Interim Human Resources & Administration Manager at Action Aid Tanzania
- Company: Action Aid Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Action Aid Tanzania (AATZ) envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced, and self-motivated person to fill in the following vacant post:
Job Title: Interim Human Resources & Administration Manager – 1 post
Workstation: Head Office, Dar cs Salaam
Reports to: Country Director
Department: Human Resources and Administration
Duration: 6 months
The Human Resource and Administration Manager ensures the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and systems of the AATZ which arc aligned to the Country Strategic Plan; and ensures adherence to HR good practices of ActionAid International (AAI) Global Human Resources & Organizational Development (HROD) Framework and Standards, and compliance with all local labor laws and other statutory requirements in Tanzania.
The position holder is expected to ensure organizational development processes, promote efficiency and effectiveness by facilitating staff performance management processes, providing oversight of Information Technology, procurement, and logistics.
- As a member of Senior Management Team (SMT), participate in regular SMT meetings to maintain an awareness of HR and Administration matters relevant to the SMT and ensure that HR and Administration reports, and information arc brought to the attention of SMT members
- Represents AATZ to provide inputs to AAI- HROD related activities as and when required, including participation on task forces and training courses
- Ensure smooth and effective functioning of the Governance and HR Committee of the Board
- Initiates ideas for HR and Administration -related policies and strategies development processes in a way they help the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop action plan to implement HR and Administration strategy for the country program to the alignment of the Country Strategic Paper (CSP) and with the overall HR strategy of AAI
- Develop and facilitate implementation of effective and efficient organizational structure that supports achievement of the CSP and decisions mode.
- Undertake continuous assessment of leadership, organizational and staff capacity and provide corrective measures of any identified gaps;
- Handle individual and teams’ conflicts and grievances.
- Involve in the recruitment and selection of all staff and ensure the compliance of recruitment policies and procedures
- Act as focal person for AATZ Staff Safety and Security to ensure that safety and security guidelines, policy and systems arc effectively developed, implemented, and understood by all staff and facilitates the Country Program Security Management Team undertake regular meetings
- Prepare and monitor the AATZ payroll and advise the Finance department on any changes before salaries arc effected
- Analyze, extract, and compile key performance and staff development issues from appraisal forms and forward them to HR and Administration for further action
- Track the usage of AATZ assets and make recommendations to management regarding the replenishment/ replacement and disposal of assets in line with the Finance Policy
- At least 5 years of work experience, of which 5 years must be at senior management position preferably in the NGO sector.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of HR system, policies, and procedures, preferably the context of an international organization
- Experience in developing HR systems, policies and procedures is an advantage
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment
- An MBA or a Master’s degree in Organization Development/Human Resource Management/Strategics Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Professional HR certified qualification (CIPD) are preferable
- Basic knowledge of environmental and conservation issues in (Country)
- Knowledge of HRM practices in (Country)
- Has excellent knowledge of Tanzania Labor laws and employee relations systems
- Competent on leading, supporting, and motivating staff and teams.
- Proficiency in English and a familiarity with the context of the country as it affects HROD strategies.
Essential Skills & Ability:
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid’s country staff.
- Strong analytical/Problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict, and risk
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Method of ApplicationNB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Country Director, through E-mail: [email protected]; ;
ActionAid Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion at the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable laws.
Closing date: 01st January 2023 at 17.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Interim Human Resources & Administration Manager” in your email subject. NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.