Integrated Programme Manager at NRC
- Company: NRC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for CC focal point (Shelter, WASH, Education and ICLA) as well as the Grants and M&E focal points.
- Contribute to the development of Integrated Programming Strategy for Tanzania, as well as CC strategies.
- Lead on the development of holistic and needs based programmes.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects during implementation.
- Compliance to donor standards, grant management, PCM, and reporting to donors.
- Responsible for overseeing grants management, BPO monitoring and inclusion in discussions on Top Down allocations.
- Management and overall coordination for implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Coordinate new Emergency Responses, with an integrated approach where relevant.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Ensure capacity development of project staff and transfer key skills (especially about PCM).
- Ensure the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documents and monitor their use in project implementation (PCM related).
- Lead on the Integrated Programming Strategy to be develop in 2021.
- Lead Area Office-specific situation and response analysis, in collaboration with the Head of Programmes and AM.
- Develop contextualized integrated (multi-sector) response portfolios.
- Responsible for facilitating evidence-based learning and decision-making by utilising quantitative and qualitative data generated through M&E processes, beneficiary consultation, and the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM).
- Responsible for overseeing and strengthening the Community Engagement, as well as consultation and referrals, as well as other accountability mechanisms.
- Support cross-cutting interventions including protection, gender, environment/energy.
- Contribute to Country-level programme initiatives (Strategy workshops, CC workshops, etc.). This includes contributing to NRC’s global Ambitions and Initiatives.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Represent NRC in key coordination forums, as delegated by the AM.
- Acting Area Manager, when requested by Area Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a management position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience with managing integrated projects across different sectors
- Core competency expertise (WASH, Shelter, Education, ICLA)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and development context related to refugees in Tanzania highly desirable.
- Experience with integrated programming
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
- Excellent communication and team building skills
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Duration: 12 months, renewal subject to funding
Salary and Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and
*Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply*
Method of Application
Closing Date : 13th November, 2020.