Instrumentation Technician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Instrumentation Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure Following Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily – Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting and rigging etc.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Maintaining of control systems, PLC and SCADA with <5% Downtime.
- Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining & repairing of required equipment, <5% accuracy discrepancy to OEM Specifications
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Responsible for Maintenance of Underground seismic system
- Carry out other task assigned by Shaft Maintenance First Line Leader
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Electrical FTC or Trade Equivalent
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- Electrical FTC or Trade Equivalent
- 2 – 5 Years Post qualified experience in Instruments installation, calibration, instrumentation, repairs and test instruments
- 1 Year Experience in Heavily Instrumented Plant in an Industrial Environment, Field Instrumentation and control networks, underground environment will be added advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com