Instrumentation Assistant at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Instrumentation Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process E&I Supervisor
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, tools & equipment to designated areas, and spills cleaned up.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Assist to attend breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Assist in Maintaining control systems, PLC and SCADA with <5% Downtime.
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Assist to carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Carry out other task assigned by Process E&I Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ordinary/advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Valid driving license is an added advantage
- 1 Year Post qualified experience in Instruments installation, calibration, instrumentation, repairs and test instruments
- 1 Year Experience in Heavily Instrumented Plant in an Industrial Environment, Field Instrumentation and control networks, underground environment will be added advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “INSTRUMENTATION ASSISTANT“ in the subject of your email
Please forward applications before 02nd September 2021 BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com